Need Help..

WindBlade 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Hi! Out of any of the offline browsers out there, yours is one of the best.. I was able to download more files than others could.. However, there is still a problem which all off line browsers I`ve tried.. including yours.. is not able to download successfully..

http://gallery.web-designs.net

Upon trying to download that site, the OE will somehow have queued like 800,000 plus files to download.. and after like d./ling 30,000 files or so.. OE wil lhang. :(

I am trying to get the links beyond the 3rd link level working.. which OE seems to ahve problems doing

The mos tI can get is to
http://gallery.web-designs.net/big_cat.go?page=1&id=1058&color=Yellow&sid=8ebeb140f8adb9f99702a6603eaa57a9
After that, none of the views there would work. :(

Any ideas?
Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Thank you very much for kind words.

Can you please change the Project Properties to "Do not load existing files" and run download again. It should get missing files this way. Does it work?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
> Thank you very much for kind words.
>
> Can you please change the Project Properties to "Do not load existing files" and run download again. It should get missing files this way. Does it work?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.

I`m Sorry.. but that doesn`t seem to help.. :(
I have like 1141042 files queued now.. LOL..
Is there any more ideas?
THanks very much
:)
Please tell me, do you use Enterprise, not Pro version? Also, how many files are in the parsing queue (you can see it in the Status Bar - Parsing (XXX) message). When you restart Project download in the "Do not load existing files", does download process actually starts before it hangs, or the hangup happens during the parsing process?

Oleg.
Another question - it may happen that all Web pages are being saved in one single directory. If so, the system may hang just because too many files are in it already. To overcome this, please check "Prevent directories from overloading" box in the Options dialog | Advanced | Directories. Then click OK button.

Oleg.
Yeap.. I`m using Enterprise version..
Pharsing process is about 1423.. and hovingering aroudn that number..

And there seems to be somethign wierd..
the Downloaded files seems to be increasing at a wierd rate.. like just keeps increasing when even the status does not show any downloaded... ie. Queued and Size remains constant with the HTTP0-09 not doing anything...

Actually, it doe`t really hang when its doign all the processing..
It hangs when I play with it.. like trying to load the webpage.. click on the links on the page etc.

Also, there seems tobe somethign wierd...
After downloading like 13772 file with 732957 files on qeue, there is only size of 8000++kb.
I look in my folder where OE stores the files and tehre is about 300mb with 10,000 files and 470 folders...

and Finally, althoguh it doesn`t hng while its processing, but it uses 96% CPU processing power and 14,108kb of memory.. and i guess with such a high CPU Ultalisation, it leads to the hanging of the program when I play with it.. :) Also, it hangs when I try to delete the project directly from OE.. Thus, I have to goto my downloaded folder and delete manually all the files before I delete the project in OE.. :)

and finaly finally, when I press STOP, OE gives me this error message..
Access Violation at address 0048FD96 in moudle OE.exe. Read of address 02E33000

err.. I can send U a screenshot or somethign if U want.. :)
but do try to download the website and see if U do get the same problems as me.. :)

THanks very much.. :)

Thank you for the details.

First, increasing downloaded files count is normal, because Offline Explorer takes an existing HTML file to parse, extracts links from it and if some link was already loaded, it is added to the Downloaded list, otherwise - to the Queue.

Second, can you please try to use Download | Stop all instead of Stop here? Would it cause an error or not?

Deleting a Project doesn`t cause the Project to hang. It is simply a time consuming operation and Offline Explorer takes long time to remove all files.

Oleg.
Thanks man.. bUt again, is there a solution on hwo to downlaod the website properly?
Cause somehow, it can`t seem to get beyong the 3rd level link download.

THe buttons after
http://gallery.web-designs.net/big_cat.go?page=1&id=1112&color=Blue&sid=1639041933de626a830d5a

doesn`t seem to work.. :(
Do you mean that it doesn`t download pages linked using buttons "View Categories", "Pick a design", "Customize", "Preview", "Order now"? Or you mean some other links?

Oleg.
> Do you mean that it doesn`t download pages linked using buttons "View Categories", "Pick a design", "Customize", "Preview", "Order now"? Or you mean some other links?
>
> Oleg.

Yeap
It can`t download those Buttons like "View Categories", "Preview" etc. :)
Any ideas?
:)
Sorry, but is impossible to load these links, because it is an HTML form accompanied with a script that modifies it on-the-fly.

Oleg.