Downloading Protected Site - Tricky

Michael Goodson 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hi,

I am evaluating Offline Explorer Enterprise. I wanted to download a website http://www.certificationzone.com. Since I have paid for the subscribtion, I would like to make an archive.

The issue is, it uses HTML authentication form ( Username and Password in page, not dialog box). Secondly, all the studyguides has the same URL before and after authenticating, but they have different content.

For example, if you are not authenticated, the URL of a studyguide will give a preview, while after authenticating, it will display the real study guide.

I have used the feature to add username /password, it seems that it partially manage to download the protected contents, but not all, the internal browser said `internal error` when I tried to view the protected pages.

Any setting that we can look for ?

Please contact me via email if you need to get access.... Only for the support personnel, NOT others.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Thank you for writing about this. I would like to look at it closely. Can you please write us an E-mail with more details to:

support@metaproducts.com

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
somnath roy 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> Hi,
>
> I am evaluating Offline Explorer Enterprise. I wanted to download a website http://www.certificationzone.com. Since I have paid for the subscribtion, I would like to make an archive.
>
> The issue is, it uses HTML authentication form ( Username and Password in page, not dialog box). Secondly, all the studyguides has the same URL before and after authenticating, but they have different content.
>
> For example, if you are not authenticated, the URL of a studyguide will give a preview, while after authenticating, it will display the real study guide.
>
> I have used the feature to add username /password, it seems that it partially manage to download the protected contents, but not all, the internal browser said `internal error` when I tried to view the protected pages.
>
> Any setting that we can look for ?
>
> Please contact me via email if you need to get access.... Only for the support personnel, NOT others.
>

I want to access the certificationzone.com through some user id and password plz help me
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Do you have the username/password? If yes, then simply logon the site in the Internal browser of Offline Explorer and then start downloading it.

Oleg.