rsuming the download of rtsp streams

Syldaril 03/29/2006 07:00 am
How can I resume the download of a broken rtsp stream with Offline explorer ? I have tried to include "start=00:20:50.0&end=00:40:00.0" but OE does not seem to take that into account and decides to download the file from the beginning...frustrating !
Can anyone help, please :P
Oleg Chernavin MP 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Thank you for suggesting this to us!

I plan to add this to the next version soon.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I just implemented that feature.

Please download the updated oe.exe file here:
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep976.zip

Unzip the file and replace the old one with it. Now it supports RTSP URL parameters like:
?start=00:01:5.04&end=00:20:00

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
diane owens 03/29/2006 07:00 am
What are the uses for the "suspend", "suspend to file", and "resume from file" options? Aren`t they used for pausing/stopping & resuming a download? Very confusing. I`ve tried these options, but they do nothing at all.
diane owens 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Question:

How would you use this to resume download streams? What would be the URL format? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Right now we don`t have a good solution for resuming streaming files. We are working on this, anyway. Probably we will have a separate application focused on streaming downloads. Offline Explorer is focused on Web sites downloads. Anyway, we are looking for some options here.

For example, would it satisfy you, if Offline Explorer has a new confirmation to overwrite or resume incomplete RTSP or MMS file if you start downloading it again?

Oleg Chernavin.
d. ng 03/29/2006 07:00 am
i too am truly disappointed about OE not having a pause/resume function for downloads. i think it is a very important feature, esepcially for dial-up users who can get disconnected halfway during a download. any chance of having this feature in future versions? i wouldn`t mind a seperate application focusing on streaming downloads either. that would be GREAT!

all things considered, OE is still a very good product. keep up the good work!

> Right now we don`t have a good solution for resuming streaming files. We are working on this, anyway. Probably we will have a separate application focused on streaming downloads. Offline Explorer is focused on Web sites downloads. Anyway, we are looking for some options here.
>
> For example, would it satisfy you, if Offline Explorer has a new confirmation to overwrite or resume incomplete RTSP or MMS file if you start downloading it again?
>
> Oleg Chernavin.
I see that there is a big demand for that. I will try to add this to 2.6 version. It will be probably released on the next week.

Oleg.
d. ng 03/29/2006 07:00 am
thanks a lot Oleg. i am very excited about having this new feature.
You are welcome!

Oleg.
lin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
i am on v2.6. can you show me how to resume rtsp downloads? it seems that it is not included in the feature
Sorry, I faced problems with it. I am still working on it.

Oleg.
03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hi,

Can the newest (Offline Explorer Pro 2.7) version resume downloading?
No, not yet.

Oleg.