Yahoo Groups Photo Albums?

Stan Soltz 03/29/2006 07:00 am
how can I download a complete yahoo group photo album without all the other extras? http://groups.yahoo.com

could you give me an example of what settings, etc. I need to get the photos?

Thanx.
stan soltz 03/29/2006 07:00 am
for example if I open up a .jpeg from a photo album at the yahoo group, and right click on it, I get this as the info..
example:
the group is hxxp://groups.yahoo.com/group/amateurspicturesofgirls/

but the jpeg photo stored in the photo album is located at hxxp://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_4962893/00+todo+tipo/000000.jpg?bcWfuM9AaAOKSDgj

(obtained by right-clicked on the opened photo)

When I use offline explorer I want to target that hxxp://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups***** server, so that I just get the photos from there

Also, note that at the end of the photo link

hxxp://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_4962893/00+todo+tipo/000000.jpg?bcWfuM9AaAOKSDgj

the end does not stop at .jpg extension, but continues on to something which I beleive has to do with the login name/password... could this cause problems for offline explorer to get these .jpgs?

Please help.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Dear Stan Soltz,

It is not hard to load what you need from Yahoo. Simply browse to the group page in Offline Explorer`s internal browser and logon there. Then you will be able to download all material you need. Although URLs to images do not end with .jpg extension, Offline Explorer will recognize it properly.

Set level to the number of clicks to get to the deepest page you need. So,
Level=0 is to get only the page with its images. Level=1 to get pages
directly linked to the first page. I would also recommend you to allow
images to load from any site (File Filters | Images | Location box) and
disable loading outside of the starting server and directory (URL FIlters |
Server & Directory - set Load only from the starting...). Then click OK
button.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.