How to backup settings manually

Pavlos 01/08/2007 06:49 pm
Hi,

Sorry to be bothering you again about the same subject but can you please tell me where the settings of NAD are being kept and how to manually back them up? (so that i can easily restore them when they get reset). In addition how can i keep the history from disapearing when settings get reset.

The settings getting reset happens quite often, (every few days) and it has become annoying.

However i am starting to wonder if i should ask you to check if this behaviour is triggered by Kaspersky Internet security 6, and i think it happens when avp.exe begins to not responding.
Oh, and i hope that XP sp2 does't have anything to do with this situation.

To cut the story short, at some point i am forced to restart due to various other processes stop respoding. After restart NAD displays the Diagrams List with an empty Diagrams tab.
This however causes all the history to be lost even though the files are still there.

Pavlos 01/10/2007 01:33 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I have one last question
Is there any application out there with which individual files can be selected from different folders and be able to select for each individual file how often it will get synced? or actively detect changes to file and sync as soon as there is a change?

If so can you please suggest one and if not is it possible to add this to your near future plans?

Thanks again.

Andrey 01/11/2007 06:47 am
Hi, Pavlos,

If you're using Microsoft Windows XP, try Backup Utility (Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Backup.)
I'm not sure if it can automatically detect changes in files, but other features you mentioned in your message are supported.

Thank you for writing us.

Best wishes,
Andrey
MP Stuff

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I have one last question
> Is there any application out there with which individual files can be selected from different folders and be able to select for each individual file how often it will get synced? or actively detect changes to file and sync as soon as there is a change?
>
> If so can you please suggest one and if not is it possible to add this to your near future plans?