Monitoring Remote Traffic

Travis Clauss 12/18/2005 08:42 pm
OK, We have a network, that shares a dialup connection. So is there anyway to use nad to monitor the traffic of a machine on the network. IE: On my box i can see that 192.186.*.* is using bandwith?

If so that would be great so when I go to download something, I can see that other ppl on my network are on the net, and i can then wait till traffic stops.
Travis Clauss 12/18/2005 08:46 pm
> OK, We have a network, that shares a dialup connection. So is there anyway to use nad to monitor the traffic of a machine on the network. IE: On my box i can see that 192.186.*.* is using bandwith?
>
> If so that would be great so when I go to download something, I can see that other ppl on my network are on the net, and i can then wait till traffic stops.

If at all possible I would like to set up a diagram per machine so I can see what machine is accessing the internet protocols.
Alexander 12/19/2005 06:56 am
Travis Clauss,

Thank you for writing us.
NAD counts the traffic of the local computer only. If the modem installed on your computer, it will show you this modem traffic, too. So, when someone from your subnet is using your modem, you should see this at the NAD diagram.

In the current version of NAD it is impossible to monitor other network computers from your one.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff