56k Modem Support

Stoob 03/20/2005 11:41 pm
Is NAD 2.2 capable of monitoring 56k modem traffic? The old freeware version detects dial-up traffic on the "Total Bytes" parameter and also "WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface". Thanks.

Stoob
Alexander 03/21/2005 07:43 am
Stoob,

Thank you for writing us.
Yes, it does. It shows the modem connection as a separate adapter at the Filtering page of diagram properties dialog.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| MetaProducts Corporation
Stoob 05/19/2005 10:39 pm
Hello. Back to try v2 again. Still using v1.1 since my last post.

The "WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface" only shows up in standard mode.

Also, when NAD runs on windows startup, my 56k connection has not yet been established until I manually dial it. This places a red "X" in the tray graph which I thought was pretty cool. However, after connecting my 56k the red x never goes away. I have to restart NAD in order for it to detect the WAN interface. Is there any way to make NAD automatically detect that the modem interface has been connected? I can always just wait until after connecting to run NAD, but it would be nice to have it run on startup.

Thanks. This really is a great program.

STOOB :D
Alexander 05/20/2005 04:32 am
Stoob,

Thank you for your kind words.
Could you please test the current build of NAD?
We plan to release it in a week:
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/nadsetup23.exe
Please write us about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Stoob 05/20/2005 11:47 pm
With v2.3.293, "Remote Access NDIS WAN Driver" is now an option when using "Smart Filtering System" as the statistics engine.

In "Standard" mode, the "WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface" still does not update the red "X" after connecting. I will be using "Smart Filtering System" now anyway.

When switching engines from Standard to Smart Filtering System I get the following error: "List index out of bounds (2)"

Then the mouse cursor changes to an hourglass and never goes away. The error occurs because in Standard mode I use "WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface" which isn`t an option in "Smart Filtering System" mode. In order to switch to Smart mode I have to first change any diagrams using WAN to something else. Instead, it should automatically upgrade any diagrams using the WAN adapter to the Remote Access NDIS WAN Driver.

Thanks.

Stoob
Alexander 05/21/2005 03:29 am
Stoob,

Thank you for your information.
We will fix this "Index out of bounds" problem.

Sincerely,
Alexander
Alexander 05/23/2005 07:41 am
Stoob,

We just uploaded the fixed build.
Please test it: http://www.metaproducts.com/download/nadsetup23.exe

Thank you,
Alexander
Stoob 06/03/2005 02:56 pm
Yes everything seems to be working now. Thanks.

Stoob