OPEN LETTER To OLEG CHERNAVIN

Preston Mitchell 08/01/2012 01:50 pm
Sir:

THIS IS AN URGENT MATTER CAUSING HARM TO MY BUSINESS: What happened to the feature of ‘saved collections’ (ie. databases) in Inquiry Pro v1.9 SR4?

Yesterday, I updated to v1.9 SR4. I cannot find the ‘saved collections’ feature. I cannot see how ‘saved collections’ can be created or accessed in SR4. Did you remove ‘saved collections’ from SR4? If so, I have a very serious problem—thanks to SR4! I can’t access my ‘saved collections’ created in SR3! I can’t access my research work!

Again, did you remove ‘saved collections’ from SR4? I bet you did. (I noticed the file size of SR4 is smaller than than SR3!) If not, let me explain the details of my situation.

SR3 placed an Inquiry Pro icon in the system tray of Windows 7. Saved Collections (databases) were accessed—and created—from that icon (in the system tray), yes? In SR4, no Inquiry icon appears in the system tray. I can’t find a way to activate the system icon in SR4’s options. Also, I can’t find a way to activate the system tray icon by any means offered by Windows 7.

Mr. Chernavin, I say removal of saved collections (databases) from Inquiry is a huge mistake, significantly reducing Inquiry’s usefulness to me and other researchers. BUT removal of saved collections does great harm too! If I can’t access my ‘saved collections’, I can’t access my research material stored in SR3’s saved collections. NOW your software is hurting my business rather than helping it.

Here is my position—plain and simple—as follows:

You advertise Inquiry Pro as product that will serve other companies.
I bought your product based upon that promise.
SR3 did serve my company. But SR4 now harms my company by trapping our research inside SR3 databases.
Either you fix that problem quickly or my company will respond aggressively.

If your SR4 hurts my business by denying access to my research material contained inside SR3 databases, I will make it my mission in life to hurt your sales.

Internet research is only a part of my occupation. I am a professional Internet marketer and an expert in SEM (search engine manipulation). On behalf of another database developer, I carefully studied your company and its products. I know the strengths and weaknesses of your products in comparison to your competition. If you don’t take my issue very seriously, I will offer all my research to your strongest competitor and even offer to help him take market share (ie customers) from MetaProducts for NO charge.

Please do not view this a threat...but rather as a promise from Hell. And if you think I am bluffing, please don’t respond to this post...and I will show you how I can assassinate your company’s online reputation and hurt your sales.

I would bet my 1000 rubles against your one ruble that you ignore me. So, I look forward to having some serious fun with MetaProducts. Companies pay me to improve their online reputations. So, it will be fun to do the opposite for MetaProducts. Yes, the American Internet cowboy versus the former Soviet pawn. I will break you like President Ronald Reagan broke the Soviet Union. Obviously not through an incredibly expensive arms race that left Russia in poverty, but by attacking your sales. An empty bank account is as effective as bullet to the head....for a capitalist company, like MetaProducts.

You have been given notice, Comrade Chernavin.

As sincere as a heart attack,
F. Preston Mitchell
CEO of Ozark Promo Works
Andrey Filatkin 08/01/2012 03:16 pm
Sir,

We have received several messages from our users with request to remove the try icon. Therefore the 'collections' feature was moved to Tools\Options...\Collections tab. The previous variant with the tray icon is more easy to use but anti-tray mafia stronger than we)

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
Preston Mitchell 08/01/2012 04:29 pm
Hello Andrey,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I don't care where MetaProducts moved the 'saved collections' feature. I just need to open my 'saved collections' created in SR3. I NEED to recover my research material from the SR3 collections.

OK, I am in Inquiry - Options - Collections. I see where a 'collection' folder can be created. BUT....

After collection folders are created, how do I switch from one collection folder to another? That was done through the system tray icon in SR3.

Sincerely,
Preston Mitchell
Oleg Chernavin 08/06/2012 06:12 am
Preston,

I have IQ 1.9 SR4 installed and when I open the Options dialog - Collections tab, I see the ability to create collections and switch to any of them from the list. What is wrong with this approach? The feature still exists and works.

We only had to remove the tray icon because it caused serious issues with the server part of Inquiry. I agree that it was more convenient way to switch and manage collections. However we considered stability more important in this case.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 08/06/2012 06:14 am
We also considered the requested feature to remove collections from the list and/or from the disk useful and valuable. We will add it pretty soon.

Oleg.