Need help to get back my subfolders too after I had to re-install my Metaproducts Inquiry Pro

Hans Christistian Faerden 03/25/2012 07:12 pm
My whole folder with data etc was re-named after I had to re-install Inquiry Pro. The file holding the data, looking like a Metaproducts icon had be unwrapped and only contains folder, with strange names for the subfolders, and I cannot get back most of my research data (more than 2gb). I have a 64 bit machine which now installs 64 flash as default. Is that part of the problem?
Andrey Filatkin 03/26/2012 01:57 am
Hello,

Can you give me screenshot with the 'strange names'?

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
Hans Christian Faerden 03/26/2012 03:19 pm
Of course. I had hoped to be able to attach the file. How do i paste it for you to see? The names of the sub-folders have different number, I see no patgtern. But the name always start with "cat", then followed by a mostly three digit number. The is no space between "cat" and the number.
Andrey Filatkin 03/27/2012 02:37 am
Hi,

You can send a screenshot to me by email - andrey.filatkin@metaproducts.com

You can try to repair your Inquiry base with the Tools\Options...\General\Check Store button. For more safety, please copy the folder with the base to another location using Windows Explorer prior to recovery. The base location is available with Tools\Options...\General\Store Folder... button.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
Hans Chr. Faerden 03/27/2012 07:15 am
It worked great! I feel ashamed having not seen this simple solution. I now have only one problem left. In Firefox 11 I do not the the option to store a webpage in subfolders. While it works perfect in IE9. So it is hard for me to think I have not configuered Inquiry Pro properly?

NB! Will we see a backup/exprt solution for Inquiry where you use .pdf in stead of MHT etc.?
Andrey Filatkin 03/27/2012 11:40 am
>I now have only one problem left. In Firefox 11 I do not the the option to store a webpage in subfolders.
It works in IE, Chrome, Safari and Opera now. Firefox addon will done in a few weeks.

>NB! Will we see a backup/exprt solution for Inquiry where you use .pdf in stead of MHT etc.?
This task is not in our immediate plans. But I have to consult with the company management for this question
Hans Chr. Faerden 03/27/2012 12:01 pm
OK, thanks! Subfolder storage work of I return to my old 10,2 version of Firefox?
Andrey Filatkin 03/28/2012 01:35 am
I was not precise in my previous answer. I talked about native saving in Firefox. If you need ability to choose subfolder only, then look at Metaproducts Integration addon options (Ctrl+Shift+A in Firefox). The save dialog will showed if you set 'Show dialog when saving a page with Inquiry... before saving' checkbox.