Can I Create Multiple Databases for Inquiry?

Preston Mitchell 12/06/2011 01:04 pm
I just bought Inquiry Pro. It is easy to learn. But I do have one very important question.

Inquiry seems to store ‘saved’ web pages inside an internal ‘database’. Can I create more than one ‘database’ file with Inquiry?

Can I create a new databases for specific research projects? For instance, one database for web pages about ‘dogs’ and another database about ‘cats’.

If more than one database can be created and saved, how is it done? (If not, can you suggest a ‘manual’ workaround for saving the current database, then deleting it from Inquiry, and starting over again with an empty database?)

If only one database can be created, that is the only big flaw with Inquiry. It won’t take long for that single database to become very crowded. My Internet research projects collect 100s of web pages. A very large project can collect nearly a 1000 pages. After a few projects, Inquiry’s single database will become very crowded, growing more awkward to use.

MetaProducts would greatly improve Inquiry by allowing users to make multiple databases. That is, a new database dedicated to each new research project.

Thank you for your attention.
Andrey Filatkin 12/07/2011 01:33 am
Hello,

Probably you a right, but Inquiry has been developed as a knowledge base rather than as a projects tool.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
Preston Mitchell 12/07/2011 02:09 pm
I tried various Internet research tools, including Links Organizer. Thus, based upon experience, I can safely say Inquiry has the potential to become the very best research tool...if it was developed into a full-fledged tool!

It seems shortsighted to limit Inquiry's functionality to just a knowledge base. Inquiry's worth would be tremendously increased if it could be used as a tool for multiple research projects.

Inquiry can become the perfect Internet research tool IF it could create unlimited new databases. Aside from making it a dream for researchers to organize and manage their respective projects, all the research for a client's project could be easily transmitted as one database file to said client...and of course, the client would need Inquiry to open the file.

Perhaps I suggested an excellent feature to consider for a future version.

Best regards,
Preston Mitchell
Andrey Filatkin 12/09/2011 01:03 am
You can transmit any part of Inquiry database in one file with Backup\Restore feature.