Problem saving Flash videos in IE9

whatmeworry? 11/19/2011 11:09 am
I'm using Inquiry Pro 1.9.545 and (reluctantly) IE9 in Windows 7 64-bit. I'm having difficulty saving Flash videos. I finally did succeed once, from the YouTube site, but often when I click on Save Flash Files, I have a hard time locating the file I want from the list of 40 or so files listed. And even when I do succeed, more than half the time, if I click on the play arrow in what I guess is the preview box, I get a message that says "An error occurred. Please try again later." Trying later doesn't help. If this happened just once or twice, I'd assume that the error was in the video on the site (even though it played fine when I watched it on the site). However, the "error occurred" message appears often enough that I thought I'd ask whether other people have had this result, too, and/or whether there's something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Andrey Filatkin 11/26/2011 02:08 am
Hi,

Inquiry is purposed for page saving. It can save videos, but this part of Inquiry is old and not too good now. We have the special product for video - Flash and Media Capture.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
whatmeworry? 11/26/2011 10:11 am
Thanks for your reply, Andrey. I just took a look at Flash and Media Capture. It looks like a good program for someone who has Internet Explorer as the default browser and does not already have a program to capture images. Unfortunately, Flash and Media Capture works only with Internet Explorer, and I primarily use and prefer Firefox. Also, I already have two very capable programs for capturing images, so that part of Flash and Media Capture is of no use to me.