How do you use Inquire Pro in FF

John Terdik 11/02/2011 02:42 am
I just installed Inquire Pro and I see that it installed a FF extension but how in the heck do I use it? I don't see any icons in any of my FF toolbars.
John Terdik 11/02/2011 03:01 am
OK - I right-clicked in the FF menu area, selected Customize, in the Customize toolbar I clicked on the "Add New Toolbar" button, typed in a name for the toolbar, clicked OK. Then from the Customize Toolbar window I found the icon for Inquire, drag-n-drop to my new toolbar. Then for reasons I don't understand FF (v7.0.1) merged my toolbar with the Favorites toolbar (I did not have the favorites selected and did NOT want to show it but it seems that I have no choice). Now Inquire works and is the first icon on the Favorites toolbar.
Andrey Filatkin 11/02/2011 03:29 am
Hi,

You can use Inquiry from the page context menu also.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
whatmeworry? 11/12/2011 02:57 pm
I knew that I could use Inquiry Pro with FF in FF's right-click menu, but I was very pleased to read John Terdik's message about putting an Inquiry icon on Firefox's toolbar. I've now done that (I put it on the main toolbar), and it seems to work, more or less. But if I select just part of a web page and click on the Inquiry icon, I'm not given the chance to specify that I want to save just the selection. Such an option exists, but it's grayed out, so all I can do is save the entire page. Often that's not what I want to do. I've already checked Save Selection only in Options-->Save, but that hasn't helped me save using the Inquiry icon in Firefox. I'm using FF8 and Inquiry Pro 1.9 on Windows 7 64-bit. Is there something more I need to do?
Andrey Filatkin 11/14/2011 07:18 am
Hi,

No, current Firefox addon cannot do it. We create new addons for Firefox and Chrome right now. We have plan to add them to the next Inquiry version. You can look at the beta Crome extension here - http://www.metaproducts.com/download/mpiq.crx. Firefox addon will very close to it.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
whatmeworry? 11/14/2011 08:59 am
Thanks very much for your response. Since I don't use Chrome, I can't take a look at the beta. However, I'm happy to hear that MetaProducts is working on improving Inquiry Pro's performance with Firefox.
John Terdik 12/14/2011 09:04 am
Andrey what do you mean by "You can use Inquiry from the page context menu also". Sorry to be obtuse but I'm confused.
Andrey Filatkin 12/14/2011 09:25 am
You can do right click on a web page and a context menu will showed. Current Firefox extension adds the 'Inquiry\Download the Current Page' item in this menu.

We are released Inquiry 1.9 SR2. It includes new Chrome and Safary extensions. Firefox and Opera extensions will over week or two.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
John Terdik 12/14/2011 09:27 am
Andrey ref "No, current Firefox addon cannot do it. We create new addons for Firefox and Chrome right now. We have plan to add them to the next Inquiry version. You can look at the beta Crome extension here - http://www.metaproducts.com/download/mpiq.crx. Firefox addon will very close to it."

I just installed Pro 1.9 SR2 and I still don't see the function in FF that I see in IE. In FF all I'm able to do is save the page. How do I access what I've saved? How do I save things is specific folders?
John Terdik 12/14/2011 09:31 am
OK I just realized that if I open the Inquiry application I can create various folders and from FF I can drag-n-drop a URL. It works but is not as slick as I expected, e.g. I expected to have this function in FF.
John Terdik 12/14/2011 09:37 am
When I drag-n-drop from FF to inquire I get a pop-up asking to save the page with or without pictures. I cannot find the setting to turn this off and always save with pictures.
Andrey Filatkin 12/15/2011 03:47 am
Hi John,

>How do I save things is specific folders?

This will be done over week or two.

>How do I access what I've saved?

This is a more difficult task. We plan to do it when the saving from all browsers will be done.

>When I drag-n-drop from FF to inquire I get a pop-up asking to save the page with or without pictures. I cannot find the setting to turn this off and always save with pictures.

There is no such setting. But you can hold Ctrl + Alt while dragging.