Inquiry browser tree view - remember where I was before

Ron 07/03/2010 12:33 am
When I open the browser the Treeview always navigates to some useless item and is scrolled to the right a bit. I wish it would remember where I was last and open the treeview to that place. Also, don't scroll the tree view automatically.
Andrey Filatkin 07/05/2010 06:26 am
The tree view scroll is the Windows default behaviour. But you can disable it with Inquiry internal option. Please run the regedit tool and add SBTreeLeft key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MetaProducts\Inquiry\Parameters branch and set it to 1.
"SBTreeLeft"=dword:00000001

The tree view must remember the last place. It's very strange problem. What is yoir Inquiry version?

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
Ron 07/05/2010 01:55 pm
1.8.482 SR2

Adding that key had no effect.

I've never seen a Windows treeview behavior like this. Sometimes a tree view will scroll if an item extends outside the current view. In my case, the item that is always highlighted on startup fits well within the current view, making scrolling to see the right most part of it unnecessary.

I noted that even if I collapse the tree and close Inquiry, it will expand the tree on startup in order that the default item (however that is determined) is displayed.
Andrey Filatkin 07/06/2010 03:57 am
Yes, this version has the described above problem. Please install current version from
http://metaproducts.com/mp/inquiry_professional_edition.htm
Ron 07/06/2010 10:43 pm
Ok, I thought I was running the latest version - my bad there.

With the registry key you provided and the new version it works much better. Thanks.

BUT, installing the new version and subsequent Firefox plugin update destroyed my Firefox install.

1. Norton toolbar is not working properly.
2. Roboform is gone, although still installed
3. Firefox asks EVERY TIME if I want it to be the default browser.

Ron 07/06/2010 11:04 pm
Well, that was a nightmare.

With the Firefox settings dialog displayed, I clicked Check Now, it said it's not the default browser. I chose yes to make it the default browser. I immediately clicked Check Now again - and again it reports it's not the default browser.

After I uninstalled the 1.30 plugin and restarted, things seem to be back to normal.

It's like the 1.30 update destroyed Firefox's ability to understand where its settings were. Same for Norton and RoboForm. Their toolbars would display but all the user data was gone.
Andrey Filatkin 07/07/2010 07:04 am
Most probably Firefox hung when it was restarted after the addon installation. From my experiens it happens enough often. The hang can be reason for damage the Firefox settings.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
Herb 09/02/2010 02:02 pm
...speaking of FireFox....

Inquiry is great...and it's being ignored in terms of firefox integration.

IE8 is ok...but drones of people are abandoning it for FF. Addons with firefox are easy...and FF is much more customizable and in my opinion, much better than IE8.

If you guys can AT LEAST enable the treeview in Inquiry to work in FF the same as IE...that would be appreciated.

The "button" only allows you to add to inquiry.....you can't access the tree unless you open IE or another supported browser....

Come on....please add this to FF...instead of just the button. I'm sure other folks have had the same issue.

By the way....is there a place to get beta versions? I believe the full version was back in March.

Thanks,

Herb
Herb 09/02/2010 02:03 pm
will the treeview correction be included in the next version?....or the next beta version?
Herb 09/02/2010 02:15 pm
one more...(sorry)

....why is there a history in registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MetaProducts\Inquiry\Parameters\History\PageTitle

....but no option to "clear" the information from registry upon closing of browser or Inquiry?

...is it safe to delete it...AND...keep those PageTitles from appearing in registry?

Thanks again guys....
Andrey Filatkin 09/03/2010 07:56 am
We can add some Registry parameter that will keep Inquiry from adding the History\PageTitle. But is it really important to have?

Regarding FireFox integration - yes, it is an important feature and we plan to add it. However it requires a lot of work - maybe a year and we have other features to do.

The latest beta version is available from
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/iqsetup.exe

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff