Inquiry vs Maxthon2

Talavat 11/13/2009 12:56 am
hi there,

recently i have found your wxcellent software, metaproducts inquiry, for saving pages and selection from various sited and forums. i have noticed that your programme has some issues with latest builds of maxthon2. when i want to save a page in mathon, using inquiry as plugin installed in maxthon2, it saves the first or second page or selection and maxthon looses its integrity and begins to malfunction and at the end you will have to End Task and relaunch the maxthon2. it would be very nice of you to look at the issue and see if there is any kind of cure for it, and kindly let us know about results.

Thank you very much in advance
Andrey Filatkin 11/13/2009 04:51 am
Can you please tell me more details on what happens with Maxthon2?

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
Talavat 11/13/2009 08:53 am
of course,
at the time i want to save a page , by selection or completely, i save it either by drag & droping inside the sidebar or by calling the Inquiry Save Dialog from the pluginbar inside Maxthon. in either ways the highlited area vanishes and after saving one or two pages, Maxthon stops functioning correctly. for instance you cannot even click on links. i dont know what happens but you cannot open any other link by simply clicking on it. or when i want to browse the save pages in new tab, and the real address from wich i have saved the page is present among tabs, it goes and opens there right at that tab, i am not technichaly professional to describe what happens fully in technicall language so i just described what happens here, by the way i am using the latest version of Maxthon, and the latest version of Inquiry released as GAOTD

Thank you for your prompt reply
MetaProducts Staff 11/13/2009 09:24 am
Thank you for your description! I see the problem now and have the idea about the cause. I hope we will be able to resolve it in next few days.
Andrey Filatkin 11/16/2009 04:32 am
Can you please tell me what is your version Inquiry? Is it GiveAwayOfTheDay special edition or another version? Maxthon integration was changed in the GiveAwayOfTheDay special edition. Therefore I don't known what the problem you meet.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MetaProducts Staff
Talavat 11/16/2009 07:11 am
i told you before that i use the special build given away by GAOTD which i think is version 1.8.0.495. i also tested it by the pro version which is downloadable from your site which is Inquiry Professional Edition 1.8 .490 Service Release 3. The problems i described is mainly related to the pro setup which i downloaded from your site last week.

thank you.
Andrey Filatkin 11/17/2009 06:11 am
Ok, thank you
Andrey Filatkin 11/20/2009 05:51 am
Hello,

Can you please look at the new version?
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/iqsetup.exe

We had fixed one reason for Maxthon2 hung. I have hope that here is no other problem.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MetaProducts Staff
Talavat 11/23/2009 02:07 pm
hi there,

thank you very much, i downloaded and installed the new beta seutp, but unfortunately it didnt work out. i see the same problems as i described for you later. thank you anyway
Andrey Filatkin 11/25/2009 03:47 am
I have the idea about the second from your problems. You cannot browse the saved page in new tab because of Maxton bug. Maxthon creates a new tab without any add-ons. It loads add-ons only when a first http page is started in the tab. Therefore when you try to browse the saved page in a newest tab you really browse it in a previous tab.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MetaProducts Staff
Talavat 11/25/2009 03:56 am
thank u, but even the first problem is not solved yet. i can not open any new link by simply clicking on it. maxthon begins to malfunction and crash eventualy.
Andrey Filatkin 11/25/2009 04:25 am
Can I ask you to send me Inquiry logs to support@metaproducts.com? Please open the Inquiry options dialog with holded ctrl key and check 'Write log file' box. Inquiry will write logs to
C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\Local Settings\Application Data\MetaProducts\Inquiry\logs
(in Windows XP) or
C:\Users\<name>\AppData\LocalLow\MetaProducts\Inquiry\logs
(in Windows Vista)

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MetaProducts Staff
Talavat 11/25/2009 01:59 pm
hi,

I sent you the log. hope it can help you find out the exact reason for the problems
Andrey Filatkin 11/26/2009 06:19 am
Thank you. It contains the interesting moments. But we cannot reproduce them on our computers now.
Is your Maxthon2 configured with standard options?
Talavat 11/26/2009 07:18 am
what do you mean exactly by "standard options"? if you mean if i have changed any settings in the browser i should say yesi have done.
Andrey Filatkin 11/26/2009 07:32 am
Could you please send me it? If it's not secret, certainly.
Talavat 11/26/2009 11:50 am
sent it to your email
Andrey Filatkin 11/27/2009 03:08 am
Ok, thank you
Andrey Filatkin 11/30/2009 08:35 am
Hello,

Can you please look at the new version?
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/iqsetup.exe

We fixed couple of problems in the integration with Maxthon2.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MetaProducts Staff
Talavat 11/30/2009 10:24 am
hi,
thank you for your kind attention.
i downloaded and installed the new beta version. most of the problems are solved, execpt the way saved pages are opened. they take the place of the same address present among the Tabs. some minor problems are present too. i can open links in pages by simply clicking on them but sometimes i have to click 2 or more time to open them. but the problem is solved regarding opening the links. maxthon didnt crash this time. thank you again
Andrey Filatkin 12/01/2009 02:19 am
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!
Remaining problems are produced by Maxthon. I doubt whether we will able to resolve them.
Talavat 12/01/2009 02:58 am
thank you, but when you will release the new version?
Andrey Filatkin 12/01/2009 03:31 am
We will have the company meeting about it tomorrow.
Talavat 12/12/2009 02:50 pm
hi,

it seems as if you have not made your mind to releasing the new version. Any due time?
Andrey Filatkin 12/15/2009 03:29 am
Hi,

We will try to release the new version at early January.
Talavat 02/26/2010 06:32 am
hi there,

any news regarding the new version?
Andrey Filatkin 02/26/2010 06:35 am
Hi,

In the Monday, 1 March
Talavat 02/26/2010 10:16 am
hi, thank you

hope that the problem with the latest version of Maxthon is solved completely!!
Talavat 03/04/2010 10:44 am
hi there,

thank you for the new version, but i am experiencing some problems with maxthon.

1- Inquiry tries to always stay on to, and if there is another programme which tries to do the same thing some instability occures;

2- saved pages can not be openned in new tabs openned as blank tabs;

3- when you highlight some part of a page and try to save it in any folder other than the open one, the highlight disapears and saving cannot be continued;

4- the above problems happens with the latest version of Maxthon (2.5.1.1), but i may add that there are some problems with other versions of Maxthon (i.e 2.1.5), which did not exist with previous builds of your programme
Andrey Filatkin 03/05/2010 06:18 am
Hi,

Maxthon tabs are implemented in a very nonstandard way. And it is reason of problems:(
We haven't any ideas to resolve it now. I'm sorry