Exporting to CHM problems

Amanco 03/15/2008 08:28 am
Since the birth of Inquiry Prof and i am still having problems with this function, whenever i export to CHM, i get from time to time "Can not be exported because disk maybe full".

so i try to capture the page again and test exporting it, which is time consuming.

NOW, i have so many pages with similar name and also lots of captured pages (more than 10,000), when i try to export i get this error without the ability to find the page to correct it.

Another thing, when i export seperate folders i don't get this error, but when i mass export all the folders, i get those errors!

So why don't you work on this thing, by specifying which is the correct page and linking to it! PLUS buttons for retry, ignore or Cancel instead of aborting the mission especially if you have tons of pages!

another annoying thing, that should be fixed asap.

Thanks
Andrey Filatkin 03/17/2008 09:19 am
Hi,

It's not error. Program cannot export a data to a disk, if it has not enough free disk space.
We cannot add retry or ignore buttons, because an exported file can be corrupted as result of ending of disk space.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
Amanco 03/17/2008 01:02 pm
Andrey maybe you missed the point in here, I have more than a 100 GB in the drive i am exporting to and i am still getting this error. So it is refering to an error which isn't the problem, and when i try to capture the page again, it exports it fine to the same drive.

> Hi,
>
> It's not error. Program cannot export a data to a disk, if it has not enough free disk space.
> We cannot add retry or ignore buttons, because an exported file can be corrupted as result of ending of disk space.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrey Filatkin
> MP Staff
>
Andrey Filatkin 03/18/2008 04:22 am
Do you have enough space on drive that holds the temp folder? In reality Inquiry often does export to the temp folder and then copy the finished file to the destination folder.

If source of the problem is content of concrete page, then the error must appear both when you export one page or when you export all folders. Because you write that the error appears only when you export a lot of pages, I think the problem is in a disk space.
Amanco 03/18/2008 06:08 am
The temp folder has about 400GB,

I had the problem of only sigle pages before but after your update i am having it with large exports, because i tried exporting seperate folders to check which file but i couldn't find any, and when i export all together it gives me error with a page, i can not find it due to similar naming between tons of pages and folders.

so as you said if it is due to a page problem, why not specify this in the error, to know and save time?

thanks

> Do you have enough space on drive that holds the temp folder? In reality Inquiry often does export to the temp folder and then copy the finished file to the destination folder.
>
> If source of the problem is content of concrete page, then the error must appear both when you export one page or when you export all folders. Because you write that the error appears only when you export a lot of pages, I think the problem is in a disk space.
>
Andrey Filatkin 03/18/2008 08:23 am
We don't met this error before, therefore Inquiry have not special handler for it.
Can you install a special logging version of Inquiry if I will build it?
Amanco 03/19/2008 07:03 pm
sure

> We don't met this error before, therefore Inquiry have not special handler for it.
> Can you install a special logging version of Inquiry if I will build it?
>
Andrey Filatkin 03/20/2008 07:20 am
New beta is -
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/iqsetup2.exe

Export error message will include a logfilename. Please send me this file.

Andrey

> sure
>
> > We don't met this error before, therefore Inquiry have not special handler for it.
> > Can you install a special logging version of Inquiry if I will build it?
> >
Andrey Filatkin 03/21/2008 02:12 am
I'm sorry, I forgot to point my address - andrey.filatkin at metaproducts.com
Amanco 03/25/2008 07:39 pm
Sorry, but i have passed the 30 days trial and i am not able to export anymore :(

> I'm sorry, I forgot to point my address - andrey.filatkin at metaproducts.com
>
Andrey Filatkin 03/27/2008 09:06 am
I asked our support to send you a temporary key for Inquiry Pro.

> Sorry, but i have passed the 30 days trial and i am not able to export anymore :(
Amanco 03/27/2008 11:16 am
Thank you for the temp key, i am still waiting for it, mean while i used my laptop with Vista instead of XP, it had the same error as well at the same level of export, but i couldn't find the log file at location specified for Vista C:\Users\name\AppData\LocalLow\MetaProducts\Inquiry\logs

as there is no AppData folder.

please advise.

> I asked our support to send you a temporary key for Inquiry Pro.
>
> > Sorry, but i have passed the 30 days trial and i am not able to export anymore :(
>
Andrey Filatkin 03/27/2008 11:42 am
Oh, it's a hidden path. Please open in Windows Exolorer "Organize\Folder and Search Options\View" dialog and switch on "Show hidden files and folders" option. It open AppData folder.
I will reask for the key.

Andrey
Amanco 03/27/2008 12:10 pm
Thanks, I emailed you the log file.

> Oh, it's a hidden path. Please open in Windows Exolorer "Organize\Folder and Search Options\View" dialog and switch on "Show hidden files and folders" option. It open AppData folder.
> I will reask for the key.
>
> Andrey
>
Amanco 06/16/2008 11:53 pm
Hello Andrey,

did you have a chance to solve the discussed problems:

1) exporting huge number of pages and the Ram problem
2) capturing from hotmail.com

3) Also, I noticed these problems happening:
my whole tree files disappear suddenly as if there was nothing, and I try to restore my backupand sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn''t, any idea?

Thanks
Andrey Filatkin 06/17/2008 07:21 am
Hi,

> 1) exporting huge number of pages and the Ram problem
> 2) capturing from hotmail.com

It must be fixed in the current beta
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/iqsetup.exe

> 3) Also, I noticed these problems happening:
> my whole tree files disappear suddenly as if there was nothing, and I try to restore my backupand sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn''''t, any idea?

Can you tell about it in more detail? How it happens?

Andrey
Amanco 06/17/2008 08:33 pm
Suddenly after repeated long periods of waiting after you press the tree on/off button. I feel that they are there but don''t appear, as when you update the pages i think they get updated (but not a 100% sure), and nothing brings them back except restoring my Database. it happened twice now.

> Hi,
>
> > 1) exporting huge number of pages and the Ram problem
> > 2) capturing from hotmail.com
>
> It must be fixed in the current beta
> http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/iqsetup.exe
>
> > 3) Also, I noticed these problems happening:
> > my whole tree files disappear suddenly as if there was nothing, and I try to restore my backupand sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn''''''''t, any idea?
>
> Can you tell about it in more detail? How it happens?
>
> Andrey
>
Amanco 06/17/2008 11:01 pm
Andrey, i emailed you the new log file with the errors for the new beta.

> Suddenly after repeated long periods of waiting after you press the tree on/off button. I feel that they are there but don''''t appear, as when you update the pages i think they get updated (but not a 100% sure), and nothing brings them back except restoring my Database. it happened twice now.
>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > 1) exporting huge number of pages and the Ram problem
> > > 2) capturing from hotmail.com
> >
> > It must be fixed in the current beta
> > http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/iqsetup.exe
> >
> > > 3) Also, I noticed these problems happening:
> > > my whole tree files disappear suddenly as if there was nothing, and I try to restore my backupand sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn''''''''''''''''t, any idea?
> >
> > Can you tell about it in more detail? How it happens?
> >
> > Andrey
> >
Amanco 07/05/2008 02:04 pm
any updates? Thanks

> Andrey, i emailed you the new log file with the errors for the new beta.
>
> > Suddenly after repeated long periods of waiting after you press the tree on/off button. I feel that they are there but don''''''''t appear, as when you update the pages i think they get updated (but not a 100% sure), and nothing brings them back except restoring my Database. it happened twice now.
> >
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > > 1) exporting huge number of pages and the Ram problem
> > > > 2) capturing from hotmail.com
> > >
> > > It must be fixed in the current beta
> > > http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/iqsetup.exe
> > >
> > > > 3) Also, I noticed these problems happening:
> > > > my whole tree files disappear suddenly as if there was nothing, and I try to restore my backupand sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''t, any idea?
> > >
> > > Can you tell about it in more detail? How it happens?
> > >
> > > Andrey
> > >
Andrey Filatkin 07/08/2008 10:40 am
> any updates? Thanks
> 1) exporting huge number of pages and the Ram problem
Unfortunately, we cannot resolve the problem. Inquiry uses a Windows module for exporting to chm and this module is the source of the problem. It is not stable when work with huge number of pages.

> 2) capturing from hotmail.com
Fixed.
We will release an official beta of Inquiry tomorrow.

> 3) Also, I noticed these problems happening:
> my whole tree files disappear suddenly as if there was nothing, and I try to restore my backupand sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn''t, any idea?
Probably the server part of Inquiry is hanged. If the problem be repeated again please run the Task Manager and look at iqserv.exe process. If it exists, kill it and restart inquiry.exe (or IE).
Then check the Inquiry base with ''Tools\Options\General\Check Store''. I hope it will helpful.

Andrey