Couple suggestions/feature requests

NR 02/23/2008 11:09 pm
Hi,

Let me start by saying you have developed a great program. I have been looking for an app like this for awhile.

Would it be possible to have an option to save/restore, export/import your settings/preferences to a file AND when Inquiry is ran for the first time or on demand, you can tell it to import your settings from that file.

WinRAR is the perfect example of exporting/importing settings. If you have your settings file in the install directory and you are running it for the first time, it automatically asks you if you want to load that settings file... alternatively you can always go to options and load/save the settings file anytime you want.

Another suggestion is to have Inquiry automatically load iqserv if doesn't detect iqserv is running.

I guess you can see where I am ultimately heading towards.. Inquiry as portable as possible. :)
Honestly, I would love to just unzip the contents of the latest version to a folder of my choice and once it runs for the first time, it loads up with all the settings from an config file (if it doesn't have one, configure Inquiry howevery you want it, and then export a config file).

when applications leave settings and files scattered in various places through out the OS from folders to the registery... it becomes cumbersome for the end user to find various settings/files when they want to backup and restore for whatever reason.
Andrey Filatkin 02/29/2008 03:58 am
Hi,

> Would it be possible to have an option to save/restore, export/import your settings/preferences to a file AND when Inquiry is ran for the first time or on demand, you can tell it to import your settings from that file.
All Inquiry settings hold in the registry branch HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MetaProducts\Inquiry.
They can be saved\restored with the system tools.

> Another suggestion is to have Inquiry automatically load iqserv if doesn't detect iqserv is running.
Yes, indeed.

> I guess you can see where I am ultimately heading towards.. Inquiry as portable as possible. :)
Inquiry cannot be fully portable. It is Internet Explorer addon and it have be registered in the Windows registry for work.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff