What does the "Parsing (?????)" counting downwards mean?

Peter A. B. 09/17/2007 07:54 am
Hello,

my download project 'seems all done' (well, at least the lower channels-window doesnt show any active channels. all files have been downloaded!) but Offline Explorer would show IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER of the entire program window a 'counter':
"Parsing (15007)" -> with the number in brackets counting backwards, and rather slowly decreasing!

Question1: What does the Parsing mean, or more importantly, is the Parsing really necessary?
Question2: And does it have something to do with the PRIMARY (*.primary) files...which seem to be all 'incomplete' files: when I let them open with Firefox/Internet Explorer the webpage shown does not look original. The files without the primary-extension *do* look original (offine version = online version), though!

Best regards, thanks for your time
Peter

...and I wonder that OE needs so much time again to parse again (when i do an Export of the download project)...

Peter A. B. 09/17/2007 08:03 am
> Hello,
>
> my download project 'seems all done' (well, at least the lower channels-window doesnt show any active channels. all files have been downloaded!) but Offline Explorer would show IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER of the entire program window a 'counter':
> "Parsing (15007)" -> with the number in brackets counting backwards, and rather slowly decreasing!
>
> Question1: What does the Parsing mean, or more importantly, is the Parsing really necessary?
> Question2: And does it have something to do with the PRIMARY (*.primary) files...which seem to be all 'incomplete' files: when I let them open with Firefox/Internet Explorer the webpage shown does not look original. The files without the primary-extension *do* look original (offine version = online version), though!
>
> Best regards, thanks for your time
> Peter
>
> ...and I wonder that OE needs so much time again to parse again (when i do an Export of the download project)...
>
>

EDIT: Even though not a full, detailed answer to my above questions, I have got an idea of the answers thru
http://www.metaproducts.com/forum/forums_message.asp?id=9582

Please feel free to remove this thread. Sorry for the 'double'-post! :-(