doesn't save changes to Citations and Icon

Amanco 07/23/2007 11:22 am
hi,

i am evaluating the software Pro version on windows XP SP2 + IE version 7,
when i save a new citation details + and change the icon, click OK, then go back and check as if i didn't do anything.

is it a bug?

another thing: what is the best way to link the pages downloaded with Inquiry Pro?

please help.

thanks
Amanco 07/23/2007 11:23 am
The citation changes are added, but i can't use them in the window in IE7, but the icon changes are not saved.

> hi,
>
> i am evaluating the software Pro version on windows XP SP2 + IE version 7,
> when i save a new citation details + and change the icon, click OK, then go back and check as if i didn't do anything.
>
> is it a bug?
>
> another thing: what is the best way to link the pages downloaded with Inquiry Pro?
>
> please help.
>
> thanks
Andrey Filatkin 07/24/2007 01:50 am
Hi,

> The citation changes are added, but i can't use them in the window in IE7, but the icon changes are not saved.

What is Inquiry version you use? This bug was in the version 1.5, but it fixed now in the current version (1.6).

>another thing: what is the best way to link the pages downloaded with Inquiry Pro?

What means 'link the pages'?

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staf
Amanco 07/24/2007 10:29 am
Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your reply,

> Hi,
>
> > The citation changes are added, but i can't use them in the window in IE7, but the icon changes are not saved.
>
> What is Inquiry version you use? This bug was in the version 1.5, but it fixed now in the current version (1.6).

i am using 1.6
I saw the changes after saving and downloading the page, so thats not a problem.
But when changing the icon for the downloaded pages, doesn't seem to be saved. with IE7

> >another thing: what is the best way to link the pages downloaded with Inquiry Pro?
>
> What means 'link the pages'?

nevermind i think it is a problem with the page itself.

thanks
Amanco 07/24/2007 10:38 am
Also:

(1) when i export to CHM file, how can i have the comment in the citations i added to appear at the end of the pages in the CHM file?

(2) i tried saving a page with 2 flash files, but it didn't capture any, is it because the remove script is ticked?

Oleg Chernavin 07/25/2007 02:11 am
> i am evaluating the software Pro version on windows XP SP2 + IE version 7,
> when i save a new citation details + and change the icon, click OK, then go back and check as if i didn't do anything.

We tested it and we found the following behavior - if you allow the Citation panel below the MS IE screen and type something there (like change the Author), then right-click the same selected saved page, choose Properties, change icon, click OK. Then icon change is being saved, but the citation changes (Author) disappears.

We will fix this shortly. However if there is another sequence of actions to reproduce the bug you have found, please let us know.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Amanco 07/25/2007 06:04 pm
Hello Oleg,

(1) Open Inquiry in IE7, Click Options, Page Icons, change the icon, click OK.
now open it again check the Page Icons for the new icon you chose. it is not chosen. it reverts back to the 'important icon'.

(2) when saving the page i get the page's own icon which is nice, but when i export to CHM, i only get the question mark icon as the icon for the pages! is it a bug?

(3) when i export to CHM file, how can i have the comment in the citations i added to appear at the end of the pages in the CHM file? i found previous posts in here in 2005 that you are going to implement this, is it there?

(4) i tried saving a page with 2 flash files, but it didn't capture any, because it captured the DynamicViewer.swf (external viewer to show images) but not the images inside the viewer, how can i overcome this?

Thank you

> > i am evaluating the software Pro version on windows XP SP2 + IE version 7,
> > when i save a new citation details + and change the icon, click OK, then go back and check as if i didn't do anything.
>
> We tested it and we found the following behavior - if you allow the Citation panel below the MS IE screen and type something there (like change the Author), then right-click the same selected saved page, choose Properties, change icon, click OK. Then icon change is being saved, but the citation changes (Author) disappears.
>
> We will fix this shortly. However if there is another sequence of actions to reproduce the bug you have found, please let us know.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Andrey Filatkin 07/26/2007 03:34 am
Hello,

> (1) Open Inquiry in IE7, Click Options, Page Icons, change the icon, click OK.
> now open it again check the Page Icons for the new icon you chose. it is not chosen. it reverts back to the 'important icon'.

The Page Icons tab is intended for changing icons images, not for select a default icon.

> (2) when saving the page i get the page's own icon which is nice, but when i export to CHM, i only get the question mark icon as the icon for the pages! is it a bug?

It's default chm icon for the pages.

> (3) when i export to CHM file, how can i have the comment in the citations i added to appear at the end of the pages in the CHM file? i found previous posts in here in 2005 that you are going to implement this, is it there?

This was implemented for a printed pages only, not for export.

> (4) i tried saving a page with 2 flash files, but it didn't capture any, because it captured the DynamicViewer.swf (external viewer to show images) but not the images inside the viewer, how can i overcome this?

What is URL?

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staf
Amanco 07/26/2007 02:19 pm
Thank you for you reply,

> Hello,
>
> > (1) Open Inquiry in IE7, Click Options, Page Icons, change the icon, click OK.
> > now open it again check the Page Icons for the new icon you chose. it is not chosen. it reverts back to the 'important icon'.
>
> The Page Icons tab is intended for changing icons images, not for select a default icon.
>

in either way it does NOT change the icon images. sometimes after that they disappear and sometimes appear black and then revert back to the default page icons.

> > (2) when saving the page i get the page's own icon which is nice, but when i export to CHM, i only get the question mark icon as the icon for the pages! is it a bug?
>
> It's default chm icon for the pages.
>

What's the point if i don't use this in my final output :(

> > (3) when i export to CHM file, how can i have the comment in the citations i added to appear at the end of the pages in the CHM file? i found previous posts in here in 2005 that you are going to implement this, is it there?
>
> This was implemented for a printed pages only, not for export.
>

that's too bad, again whats the point of adding citations if i can't use them in my final preferred output. i am not gooing to print thousands of pages and carry them with me, just to review my citations, a chm/exe file would be much handier as you know.

> > (4) i tried saving a page with 2 flash files, but it didn't capture any, because it captured the DynamicViewer.swf (external viewer to show images) but not the images inside the viewer, how can i overcome this?
>
> What is URL?

similar example in here: http://www.monoslideshow.com/
try to save it and load it.

>
> Best regards,
> Andrey Filatkin
> MP Staf

In summary,
(2)+(3) are you planning to include these features in the export functionality any time soon?
(4) please let me know how to download what's inside the flash viewer.

Thanks
Amanco 07/26/2007 02:30 pm
Regarding sorry that example is working, my example is password protected, i will see if i can find you another example, but you got the idea when downloading it, i get the logo of the site instead of the inside images.

> > > (4) i tried saving a page with 2 flash files, but it didn't capture any, because it captured the DynamicViewer.swf (external viewer to show images) but not the images inside the viewer, how can i overcome this?
> >
> > What is URL?
>
> similar example in here: http://www.monoslideshow.com/
> try to save it and load it.

Andrey Filatkin 07/27/2007 09:11 am
(2)
It's limitation of CHM format. We cannot put any icons to a chm.

(3)
Ok, we will think about it.

> (4) please let me know how to download what's inside the flash viewer.
You can save these images with another our product - Flash and Media Capture. It can save images as they downloaded to the browser. The Inquiry cannot save images what downladed by flash player.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staf
Amanco 07/27/2007 04:35 pm

> > (4) please let me know how to download what's inside the flash viewer.
> You can save these images with another our product - Flash and Media Capture. It can save images as they downloaded to the browser. The Inquiry cannot save images what downladed by flash player.

Thanks but how can i add them to my pages in Inquiry?
and since you are the same coders for both apps, why don't you merge this function to Inquiry Pro? as it should download these things.

Andrey Filatkin 07/30/2007 03:31 am
> > > (4) please let me know how to download what's inside the flash viewer.
> > You can save these images with another our product - Flash and Media Capture. It can save images as they downloaded to the browser. The Inquiry cannot save images what downladed by flash player.
>
> Thanks but how can i add them to my pages in Inquiry?
> and since you are the same coders for both apps, why don't you merge this function to Inquiry Pro? as it should download these things.

These images don't connected with concrete page. We cannot define, for which of pages it was downloaded. Therefore it cannot be saved with Inquiry.