Manual backup?

Rado 11/21/2006 12:45 pm

I just installed a new virusprogram, unfortunately it completely messed up my system so I was unable to access it anymore. Which means I could not backup the entries I had made in Inquiry since the last backup I made

I did however save the whole system in an image file, from where I can extract whatever files and folders I want to recover. So after I had my system reinstalled again, I tried to overwrite the "inquiry" folder located under C:\Documents and Settings\(user)\Application Data\MetaProducts, with the folder in the image containing the damaged system. It seems to work allright, but is the result the same in any respect as when using the backup feature in Inquiry?

Oleg Chernavin 11/22/2006 04:21 am
Yes, restoring the folder is enough for Inquiry.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Rado 11/22/2006 10:57 am
> Yes, restoring the folder is enough for Inquiry.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Ok, thank you!

Rado
Oleg Chernavin 11/22/2006 12:06 pm
You are welcome!

Oleg.
Thomas J Thomas 08/07/2009 05:06 pm
Erm this is not 100% correct if the web pages are saved in the default folder "Saved" then everything is ok,

However if like me you have created sub folders withen the default "Saved" folder then these will just disappear and it seems there is no way to get them back..............

Ps I am talking about Meta Products Inquiry BASIC Free Edition
Andrey Filatkin 08/10/2009 03:18 am
Inqury Basic Edition has limitations in sub folders features. It should work in Standard and Professional editions.

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff