Virus?

Rado 11/09/2006 08:36 am

Today when ZoneAlarm did a spyware scan it suddenly reported that inquiry.dll is infected with Win32.Trojan.PSW.LdPinch.ajs

My AVG virusscanner however does not detect anything, neither does Kaspersky's online virus scanner, so it looks like a false alarm.

Is there anybody else with ZoneAlarm who have experienced this?

Di 12/19/2006 09:14 pm
>
> Today when ZoneAlarm did a spyware scan it suddenly reported that inquiry.dll is infected with Win32.Trojan.PSW.LdPinch.ajs
>
> My AVG virusscanner however does not detect anything, neither does Kaspersky's online virus scanner, so it looks like a false alarm.
>
> Is there anybody else with ZoneAlarm who have experienced this?
>
>
>
> Hi there,

It may be a little late, however, I thought I would let you know that I have had the same problem and it is a false positive.

Kind regards

Di
Rado 12/19/2006 10:10 pm

> Hi there,
>
> It may be a little late, however, I thought I would let you know that I have had the same problem and it is a false positive.
>

I thought so. Thanks for the feedback!

Rado
Oleg Chernavin 12/20/2006 04:49 am
Yes, this is definetely a false alarm, because the inquiry.dll doesn't collect any personal data and no our software sends anything to us or another company. So, there is no trace of any spyware code in all our applications.

We will try to sign the code with a digital signature, so it will be recognized as a trusted application with the next version.

Oleg.