Auto-save in Opera & Firefox

Chris 10/18/2006 05:20 pm
How do I get Auto-save to work in Opera or FF? I have enabled Auto-save in the Inquiry Browser (having found it nowhere in the browser's MPI integration) but pages are not autosaved. In FF manual save suceeds. In Opera (8) manual save cannot be found anywhere.

Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 10/19/2006 03:51 am
Sorry, we are now working on this feature for FireFox. Opera should be the next browser.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Chris 10/19/2006 08:03 am
Urk! ;) Trying again.

Ah. my misunderstanding - I'd thought from the product description that these were existing features.

Can you tell me where to find the user docs for the FF and Opera MPI? Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 10/19/2006 08:05 am
What user docs do you need?

Oleg.
Chris 10/19/2006 08:28 am
Any would be nice.

A list of features would be useful.

Some information on where to find the commands would be really handy.

Though I installed Firefox and Opera integration (and FF Extensions shows MetaProducts Integration 1.1.2) I could not find any UI commands to operate MPI or show MPI Help. Eventually in FF I found some under right-click. In Opera I still have not found them.

Oleg Chernavin 10/19/2006 08:49 am
Both browsers are supported using the right-click context menu. We haven't added any more integration methods yet. We only plan to do that.

Oleg.
Chris 10/19/2006 10:10 am
> Both browsers are supported using the right-click context menu.

Opera 8.02 I see no MPI commands there. How do I get them to appear?
Oleg Chernavin 10/19/2006 10:39 am
Please start Inquiry Browser, go to its Tools - Options menu - Integration tab and allow Opera integration.

Oleg.
Chris 10/19/2006 11:04 am
> Tools - Options menu - Integration tab and allow Opera integration.

Do you mean check "Add Integration to Opera Menu". Because this is already checked.

Which "Opera Menu" is this integration supposed to appear under?

(This is the kind of info it would be usefuol to have some user docs for. Or cover in the FAQ - I looked in the FAQ under Inquiry and found it blank.)
Oleg Chernavin 10/19/2006 11:17 am
It is a context menu when you right-click a page. Please try to uncheck Opera integration, click OK button, then open the Options dialog and allow it again. Would this help?

Oleg.
Chris 10/19/2006 02:20 pm
Yes, I now get a "Download the Current Page..." command. (I wonder if the reason it was missing is that I upgraded Opera after installing MPI.)

But I don't get the "Download the link" of MPI FF or "Save frame..." of MPI Browser. Should I?
Oleg Chernavin 10/20/2006 06:34 am
These integration methods are different and we are working to make them more compatible with various browsers. Right now our biggest focus is on FireFox.

Oleg.