With IE 6 now getting Error-Content is Missing

Louis Hazard 08/19/2006 04:24 pm
I have had no problems with Inquiry Professional. (I am using the most current - as of today - version.) I recently updated Windows XP with the newest security fixes and now, when I try to save a page I am viewing I get the error message - "Error - Content is Missing" and nothing is saved. This occurs only when I am using IE 6 (and up until I updated Windows with the current security fixes this did not occur.) It does not occur when I am using Firefox, but since the current level of integration is so minimal I prefer using IE 6. Any ideas? I tried to find any previous reports of this problem but could not locate any. thanks. (The problem also happens when I use the stand alone version of IP.)
Louis Hazard 08/21/2006 04:55 pm
I have sort of resolved this issue. I can now save pages in IE6 (and IE7) IF I create a new directory to save pages to. I still cannot save anything to my "saved pages" default directory without getting the same error message. I can access everything saved in that directory prior to this problem arising. I simply cannot get either IP via IE or the stand alone browser to SAVE anything to it.

I am not assuming the problem is with IP but rather that it is something on my end. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong would still be helpful.

thanks

Louis Hazard
Andrey Filatkin 08/24/2006 03:30 am
Louis Hazard,

Thank you for writing us.
You can save a page to any subfolder, except the top level of "Saved Pages". Am I right?
Can you save a page to disk? Are any log files available in the folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\MetaProducts\Inquiry\logs\
?

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
Louis Hazard 08/25/2006 03:03 pm
>> No, the Inquiry toolbar has the button "Save page to Disk". To any disk, including the hard drive. Does it work?

Yes it does. In all format options.

> Coluld you please zip a couple log files that have latest date/time and send to andrey.filatkin@metaproducts.com? Thank you!

Yes. I will. In a day or two. Thanks again for your help.

Louis Hazard