MHT Export

Speng 10/23/2005 03:33 pm
When exporting a page to MHT, is it necessary to use base64 encoding? Also, would it be possible to change the Subject into the page`s title? It would be nice if the header could be customized. Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 10/23/2005 04:57 pm
OK. I will change the subject to reflect the Project Title. It will be quite easy to do.

BASE64 encoding is useful because it is a universal way to make all texts and binary files compatible with MHT format, which limits the symbols that can be used.

What kind of header customization do you need?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Speng 10/29/2005 06:08 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I couldn`t respond sooner.

I am not sure if we are thinking the same thing when you say the Project Title. Just to make sure, what I mean is that this page`s title (on the browser) is called "MetaProducts Inquiry: MHT Export ..." When I save it as MHT, I would like it to be called that instead of what it currently is, which is "news."

I was just wondering about BASE64 as I noticed that when saving in MHT from Internet Explorer, they use something called "quoted-printable" which is composed of words and is readable, unlike BASE64.

The only other customization is the "From:" section in the header, which would just be a plus.

Thanks again.
Oleg Chernavin 10/30/2005 12:15 pm
I am sorry - I mixed up the products and made the improvement in Offline Explorer. We will make the subject change in Inquiry. Regarding From: field - do you want to have your E-mail address to be entered there automatically?

Oleg.
Speng 10/31/2005 08:04 pm
Thanks for the acknowledgement. Ideally, it would be nice to be able to change the From: field manually, but I understand that making the changes isn`t entirely necessary. You can leave it as it is if that`s the case, what`s more important is the subject field. Thanks again.
Oleg Chernavin 11/01/2005 12:18 pm
Yes, we will try to make this subject change in the next version of Inquiry.

Oleg.