Option to Save in Several Folders

Ray 09/30/2005 11:38 pm
Oleg, I often need to save a page in more than one category. I can do that in Inquiry Standard only by saving a page to two or more folders, which creates duplicates and seems wasteful in this elegant program. I can use keywords in the Comments box, but these are not as visually obvious as folders. So is it possible to find a way to assign a saved page to one main folder and then `virtually` to others?

This could work in two ways. The first is to create a drop-down box ("Save in Several Folders") or an option on other boxes. It would contain check boxes for "Main Folder" and "Other Folders", the first of which would contain the actual saved page while the others would contain `ghosts` -- they`d look like the real thing, but they`d simpy be links to the saved page.

Another possibility is to add this feature to the Comments panel. The job of `virtually` assigning to folders could therefore be done while reviewing saved pages later.

I hope this doesn`t duplicate an existing feature which I`ve failed to spot!

Ray
Oleg Chernavin 10/03/2005 03:57 am
Yes, this is an interesting feature. It could be done by creating "links" to a saved page in other folders. We will add this to our plans.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff