Feature Requests

Author Message
JS 09/08/2005 09:14 am
These features would be a great bonus:

1. Split window for viewing archived pages - pane 1 to show archived page, pane 2 to show page in it`s current state.

2. Related to 1: option to `update (overwrite), append current to original etc,

3. Search facility: ability for the search to include html tags - eg: to enable searching of the `img src` tags to find multiple pages using images from same source. Current search facility does not read anything inside HTML tags.

4. "Open current version in new window"

5. Semi-automatic page naming - to be able to use start/end delimeters on pages to create the saved page name, useful for archiving and easier sorting (eg: eBay item number followed by eBay username)

Thanks.

J
Oleg Chernavin 04/12/2006 09:25 am
Sorry for the overlooked message. We have (2), (3) and (5) implemented already. (4) is planned soon.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Yurble_vn 10/19/2006 09:19 am
I still consider the page edit function is not very convenient. I susgest:

1. Online edit (or so call: pre-save edit)
2. An edit shorcut (button)....
3. Edit on the same window. NOt to pop up another one.
Oleg Chernavin 10/19/2006 09:27 am
Thank you! This will be hard to do, so I am not sure when we start working on that, however.

Oleg.
Yurble_vn 10/19/2006 10:07 am
I think add an edit button and open "edit window" in the same window are essential function and in hurry

BTW, Just find out bug. When I open Inquiry in case Inquiry already opened, it will open another window instead open the current one.
Oleg Chernavin 10/19/2006 10:46 am
Our current focus in the FireFox integration and to allow better compatibility with Windows Vista. Only after we finish with them, we can move on to other features.

Regarding the ability to open several windows with Inquiry - this is by design.

Oleg.
Phil 01/25/2007 10:23 pm
My new feature request: a toolbar button in Firefox for downloading web pages (quicker and easier to access than the context menu). The toolbar buttons work great in IE7, why can't I have them in Firefox too? Please?
Oleg Chernavin 01/26/2007 07:37 am
Yes, this is planned for one of the future versions.

Oleg.
ewfox 02/22/2008 06:18 pm
Probably to appropriate{give} icons to folders in a tree of pages?
Thanks/
ewfox 04/02/2008 01:07 pm
Hello.

Dragging a Web-page into a pages tree - is convenient.

- required: the reverse action :dragging pages from a tree into a browser. (Maxthon opens any dropped links (and even the text from Web-pages). From a tree... Why not ?

Open New Tab in Maxthon - at last!

- required: in "Option>User Interface>Browse selected item with" add
"Open page in browser in "
a)current tab
b)new tab
if click (single or double)on page in tree

Edit page before saving - fine.Added ability to resize Copy/Move Dialog
and ability to change editor height in the Save Dialog? May be,but...
Dialog now big and clumsy.Older is better.

- required : open Editor in separate window (as stand alone Inquiry Browser)

and required in menu of Page tree item "View > Icon" for folder.

It would be desirable more and customise hot keys (shortcuts)

Best Regards.





Andrey Filatkin 04/03/2008 06:35 am
Hi,

> Dragging a Web-page into a pages tree - is convenient.
>
> - required: the reverse action :dragging pages from a tree into a browser. (Maxthon opens any dropped links (and even the text from Web-pages). From a tree... Why not ?
It capability realised in different ways in IE and Maxthon. Therefore is hard to do it worked in both browsers. We will not do it in a near time.

> Open New Tab in Maxthon - at last!
>
> - required: in "Option>User Interface>Browse selected item with" add
> "Open page in browser in "
> a)current tab
> b)new tab
> if click (single or double)on page in tree
"Browse in a new Tab" is not work surely in Maxthon now. I think we should wait for Maxthon team a more worked realisation this capability.

> Edit page before saving - fine.Added ability to resize Copy/Move Dialog
> and ability to change editor height in the Save Dialog? May be,but...
> Dialog now big and clumsy.Older is better.
>
> - required : open Editor in separate window (as stand alone Inquiry Browser)
Have you in view Editor for saving page? It will no logical behavior.

> and required in menu of Page tree item "View > Icon" for folder.
Ok

> It would be desirable more and customise hot keys (shortcuts)
Ok

Best regards,
Andrey Filatkin
MP Staff
ewfox 04/03/2008 06:06 pm
Hello.

>"Browse in a new Tab" is not work surely in >Maxthon now. I think we should wait for Maxthon >team a more worked realisation this capability.
All fine work and in Maxthon 1.63 and in 2.09 (Inquiry version 1.7.448)

>Have you in view Editor for saving page? It will no logical behavior.
Excuse. My wishes clash with wishes above. Really on all you will not please.

Best regards
Andrey Filatkin 04/04/2008 02:08 am
> >"Browse in a new Tab" is not work surely in >Maxthon now. I think we should wait for Maxthon >team a more worked realisation this capability.
> All fine work and in Maxthon 1.63 and in 2.09 (Inquiry version 1.7.448)
From my experience, it works only if popup-blocker is out.
ewfox 04/04/2008 12:30 pm
> > >"Browse in a new Tab" is not work surely in >Maxthon now. I think we should wait for Maxthon >team a more worked realisation this capability.
> > All fine work and in Maxthon 1.63 and in 2.09 (Inquiry version 1.7.448)
> From my experience, it works only if popup-blocker is out.

Certainly, but any popup blocker (Kaspersky and other).Simply it should be switched off.
If for IE to establish a high level of safety...
ewfox 05/07/2008 01:30 pm
Hello.
In many programs which contain a plenty of the information in a database, for fast navigation the filtration by different criteria is used. It would be quite good to have such opportunities (for example to have an opportunity to create bookmarks for pages). It would allow to display quickly the list of pages demanded at the moment and to not open all folders for search of each requested now page.
It is required: an ability of creation of bookmarks for separate pages and display of pages with bookmarks.
In a broad sense: a filtration and display for various possible attributes ( address, icon...)

Best Regards.
Andrey Filatkin 05/08/2008 02:47 am
Yes, we have such plans
ewfox 07/18/2009 08:06 pm
> Yes, we have such plans
> Again Filters .
If able :"Find > Search in > Only with icon",
Why not "Show Page only with icon" ?