First Impressions

kirby999 06/24/2005 01:36 pm
As a long time user of Offline Explorer (used it with speeches and presentations that had people asking, "How`d you do that?), I recently switched to Inquiry. What I miss is any sort of documentation about how to use the product. My particular interest was in integration with Firefox. I had to browse through this forum to find out how the Firefox integration works. A user should not have to do that. So far the documentation on Inquiry is WAY behind that of OE. If I had not used OE for so long, much of Inquiry would have been a mystery to me. That may scare off a lot of potential users. Another suggestion: I have used OE as my presentation software with much success since it first came out (I helped test the first beta). Anyone with a little knowledge of HTML can do the same. You need to view this as part of your marketing and support it better. Third, as long as you are working on Firefox integration you might think about Open Office which is actually much more web friendly than the suite that is trying to take over the world, partially because it is not partial to asp and also because, like Firefox, it is an open code product. Otherwise, keep up the good work.
Oleg Chernavin 06/27/2005 07:30 am
Thank you for the information! We will work to improve the documentation in Inquiry and we also plan to make integration with FireFox better.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff