Further support for Opera

sunkey 06/10/2005 03:56 am
Now with the new version, we can save the whole page from Opera by menu context. Is there any possibility to add support for Opera to read the contents from Side panel (for example)? Or now is there any way to do it? More thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 06/10/2005 04:10 am
It is not easy to do. We plan to work on better integration with Opera, but perhaps, FireFox integration will be first.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
sunkey 06/12/2005 10:15 am
Thanks for your replying.
sunkey 06/12/2005 10:25 am
By the way, I think now there are many such applications which work well with firefox, such as net snippet, evernote, scrapbook (a good free alternative actually), etc. However, due to the poor copy/paste function in Opera (i.e. cannot copy the rich text), most of the applications cannot work well with Opera. Another problem is how to detect the URL in Opera. As I know Clipmate is good on, just to use the DDE. IMHO, now MP Inquiry can integrate with Opera by using context menu. Furthermore, if it could work as a sidebar (panel), I am sure Inquiry would be the first winner among Opera users.
Oleg Chernavin 06/13/2005 07:07 am
Yes, I agree with you. But Opera looks like a not well-designed application for other developers, so it will take a lot of time to add a sidebar, like in MS IE now.

Oleg.