Inquiry Professional on thumb drive?

misrael 06/06/2005 06:26 am
How can I install and use Inquiry Professional on a thumb drive and use that on different PCs?

The thumb drive appears as a different mapped drive on each PC e.g. drive F when connected to one PC, and drive G when connected to another.

Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 06/06/2005 06:34 am
Right now it is impossible. But we plan to add this feature to later releases.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
misraelsohn 06/16/2005 04:59 am
We will not consider purchasing multiple licenses of Inquiry Professional until this feature is added.

Better Firefox integration e.g. "Save selected text with Inquiry Pro" etc would be great. At the moment, I have to use the OpenIE plugin in Firefox so I can right click in Firefox and open the current URL in IE if I want to easily save a portion of a webpage etc.

At the moment, what is the best way of sharing Inquiry Pro databases between a desktop PC and a laptop? I can`t see how to do it via the Export facility without loosing metadata such as which web address the page was originally saved from etc.

Any suggestions?

Matt
Oleg Chernavin 06/16/2005 11:31 am
I agree that a better FireFox integration is necessary. We are working on that. Regarding your first request - it is not an easy feature to implement, but we will work on it soon.

I would also suggest you to use Backup/Restore to transfer saved pages and folders to another computer. This will copy exactly the whole structure.

In future versions we plan to add synchronization.

Oleg.
Stefan 06/29/2005 07:54 am
Please make it possible to use this product on an USB memory stick. It would be a great plus.

Thx

Stefan
Oleg Chernavin 06/29/2005 08:02 am
We really plan to do this.

Oleg.
Geoff Tothill 09/09/2007 04:56 pm
> We really plan to do this.
>
> Oleg.

Oleg

Did you ever take this aspect of inquiry any further -perhaps you could quickly implement this within the portable apps framework -

www.portableapps.com

Just a thought, but it would be a very powerful additional capability,

Regards

Geoff.

Oleg Chernavin 09/10/2007 09:43 am
Yes, we plan this, but not sure about the time yet.

Oleg.