Great Software, BUT...

Marek Brandstatter 05/29/2005 07:17 am
I`m a long time fan and user of www.macropool.com ContentSaver BUT I`m very impressed with Inquiry`s saving speed (15x faster than CS) and thumbnail previews are great. I`m considering changing sotware packages HOWEVER I miss the following from ContentSaver:

1. Ability to maximise/restore full page view by simply double clicking on the page.
2. Ability to open page in an external New Window
3. Ability to Revisit Original Page in IE
4. Sorting is easier in CS as there are column headings to pick on. In Inquiry the sort options are awkwardly buried in a sub menu.
5. I like CS`s ability to work with mulitple archives. Inquiry is a `one archive` system. I haven`t tried Backup and Restore but its obviously not as intuitive as a multiple Archive system.

Thumbnail Pane feature request: I would like thumbnail previews to have their own fixed pane which will allow you to navigate pages without losing the thumbnail view each time you click on a thumbnail.

Small Bug: If you create a new folder and drag muliple pages onto it, the count does not update correctly and shows (1)

I will follow this software`s progress with keen interest.
Oleg Chernavin 05/30/2005 09:13 am
Thank you for the bug report. We will fix the pages counter shortly.

> 1. Ability to maximise/restore full page view by simply double clicking on the page.

Inquiry 1.1 will have the Maximize button in the standalone application.

> 2. Ability to open page in an external New Window

We plan this feature for 1.2 version now.

> 3. Ability to Revisit Original Page in IE

This is easy - simply click the Refresh button in MS IE to load it from the online location.

> 4. Sorting is easier in CS as there are column headings to pick on. In Inquiry the sort options are awkwardly buried in a sub menu.

I agree. We will work on the columns in later versions.

> 5. I like CS`s ability to work with mulitple archives. Inquiry is a `one archive` system. I haven`t tried Backup and Restore but its obviously not as intuitive as a multiple Archive system.

Yes, this is also planned, but we haven`t identified in which exact version this will be done.

> Thumbnail Pane feature request: I would like thumbnail previews to have their own fixed pane which will allow you to navigate pages without losing the thumbnail view each time you click on a thumbnail.

OK. We will think about this.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Marek Brandstatter 05/30/2005 04:35 pm
Thanks for your prompt replies Oleg. I admire your `can do` approach to software development.

And I`m loving the speed of Inquiry. Gonna keep testing for a few more days to monitor overall stability.
Oleg Chernavin 05/31/2005 02:36 am
OK. Please keep us informed about your experience with Inquiry. Thank you!

Oleg.