Wish List

Tyke Beard 03/18/2005 01:12 pm
I love the Inquiry product. In particular, the look and feel of it... that said, there are a couple of things I`d love to be able to do with it.

The 2 ideas are pulled directly from a competing product that is a very nice and capable product but doesn`t "feel" as nice from a UI perspective and doesn`t offer the ability to have keep a screenshot of the stored webpage.

The first thing I`d like to be able to do is capture data stored on the Clipboard and create a new page with it. I spend a lot of time in chatrooms, IRC and other help channels where I spend in inordinate amount of time cutting and pasting to text files to then transport to other machines. If I could paste it to the clipboard and then save it into an Inquiry saved page would be immensely helpful.

The second thing I`m interested in is a report generation function. For example, I have a folder in the saved pages folder with 4 or 5 webpages. I`d like to be able to generate a report showing all the links, contents of the webpages and any bibliographical information saved with the documents.

If you`re interested in the product I am drawing these ideas from, feel free to email me.

Tyke Beard
Oleg Chernavin 03/19/2005 02:34 pm
Thank you for your suggestions! The reports feature is in our plans for 1.1 version. We will do our best to implement it soon. We will add the clipboard suggestion to our plans, perhaps for 1.2 version.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff