Difference - Pro vs Standard

Michael Meeks 03/17/2005 10:57 am
Hi,

It would be nice to have a side-by-side comparision of the Professional / Standard. Many of my friends - which I have informed them about this product - have since - emailed me back saying "What`s the Difference between Pro and Stardard"

To be honest - I don`t know! The site information - doesn`t fully explain the difference! You can follow the Pro to the Standard - but it just click`s you around - in circles!

Please - Let`s get more user-friendly! Side by Side Comparison! Pro has it - Standard doesn`t!

Regards
Mike
Oleg Chernavin 03/17/2005 11:10 am
Well, for now, the difference is very simple. Pro edition contains the following features:

Ability to save citation and reference information, and design your own reference styles to be stored with each document.
Print multiple saved pages with a single command.
Customize page icons list.

We also have the following plans for Pro edition:

1. Ability to save Web sites.
2. Reports generator.
3. Compare versions of Web pages with differences highlight.

and more. We will do our best to implement 1 and 2 in 1.1 - 1.2 versions, while 3 is more complex and we are not sure yet when exactly it will be done. Maybe very soon, maybe not.

Of course, Standard edition will be also developing and both versions will get many other new features and improvements.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Ron Horn 03/29/2005 01:15 am
> > We also have the following plans for Pro edition:
> > 1. Ability to save Web sites.

Does this mean I don`t need to buy Offline Explorer Pro?
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2005 06:33 am
Yes. It will work as an offline browser. However there will be only few options to set. Offline Explorer Pro will be still much more capable in settings.

Oleg.
Michael Meeks 03/29/2005 09:47 am
Thanks for the info,

Also note - I have placed many of my forums in their own folders/catagories.
Programming. SourceCode etc... However, I need to constantly refresh when
using the software - because pages saved don`t update as often as they should.

I would like to see (update options) on a per site or page. Some pages need updating
regularly - while others - it doesn`t matter - the content never changes.

Regards
Mike
Oleg Chernavin 03/30/2005 03:21 am
Yes, we plan to add a kind of scheduled updates later. Is it what you need?

Oleg.