Unicode support

Zigurds 02/27/2005 10:47 am
Hi! I have question about unicode support. I seems like Inquiry doesn`t support Unicode. :( If I try to save in Inquiry piece of russian text, I get only questionmarks. :(((
Oleg Chernavin 02/27/2005 04:30 pm
Can you try to browse the saved page and right-click it in the browser, then choose Encoding -> Cyrillic (Windows)? Would this show the page as it should be?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Zigurds 02/28/2005 01:29 pm
> Can you try to browse the saved page and right-click it in the browser, then choose Encoding -> Cyrillic (Windows)? Would this show the page as it should be?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

No! Any way I got questionmarks!
By the way - I`m using Windows XP with regional settings set to "Latvian".
When I change that to "Russian" - everything is OK! So - conclusion - Inquiry needs Unicode support. :(
Oleg Chernavin 03/01/2005 11:10 am
OK. We will work on that.

Oleg.
One-1 02/06/2006 02:23 am
> OK. We will work on that.
>
> Oleg.

Dear Oleg.

Is there any progress implementing Unicode support to Inquiry?

Actually, as the first step, perhaps FULL support isn`t so urgent, but at least it would be fine to be able to give Unicode names to the pages being saved and browse in Inquiry .exe books also in Unicode (as of now, saving pages on Russian system and then opening on a Chinese one gives the output as follows: when choosing Cyrillic Windows encoding, the title of the main page is displayed correctly, while separate pages` thumbnails` titles are displayed incorrectly; if switched to S.Chinese, the main title goes wrong, but thumbnails show up as it has to).
Also feature to `save all` to Unicode would be nice.

Such `partial` Unicode support is implemented i.e. in Total Commander, which internally isn`t Unicode, but one can see Unicode filenames displayed correctly for instance.

Thanks!
Oleg Chernavin 02/06/2006 05:15 am
Yes, this is planned for one of the future versions of Inquiry.

Oleg.
One-1 02/06/2006 07:57 am
> Yes, this is planned for one of the future versions of Inquiry.
>
> Oleg.

Thanks Oleg, that sounds terrific.

If this new version will also be able to incorporate third-party .pdf, .zip, .rar etc. files in its data-tree, that would be truly wonderful!
But, it is not clear how to export these files... Perhaps as links in output .exe, or .chm? With the files themselves put in export directory? Anyway, these ideas seem to be more up to some other thread...
Oleg Chernavin 02/06/2006 09:06 am
You can save PDF files already in Inquiry. We are also thinking about other files - mostly MS Office documents.

Oleg.