Levels support

Allen 02/09/2005 05:26 am
If possible in future version Oleg...support to go to URL and specify a level to save, for example level 1 will go down one page and save all linked pages in the page similiar to OE

**Also if possible if a person could save 1 level deep of all pages as well as filetype`s such as .zip , .txt, etc and save them all into one of the .exe archives or MHT files that would be very helpful...not sure if its possible but would be great.

**I know it sounds like all the features of OE but this is different and could be a very handy tool...I prefer browsing and saving through my browser and use OE Enterprise for large scale ripping
Oleg Chernavin 02/09/2005 05:33 am
Level=1 is already supported - you can browse to the desired page in a browser, select all on the page (Ctrl-A) or only the desired links and drag the selection to Inquiry. You will be offered to save the links. Later you can select all saved pages and files in Inquiry and export them to the desired file format.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Allen 02/09/2005 05:36 am
Wow Oleg!! Excellent!

> Level=1 is already supported - you can browse to the desired page in a browser, select all on the page (Ctrl-A) or only the desired links and drag the selection to Inquiry. You will be offered to save the links. Later you can select all saved pages and files in Inquiry and export them to the desired file format.
> > Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 02/09/2005 05:39 am
Great!

Oleg.
Ron Horn 02/10/2005 11:51 am
If you start to add Level >1 support, be careful not to put too much of OE into it. I tried the Standard and Pro versions yesterday and when trying to load the metaproducts web site, it seemed to stall and eventually timed out. In fact, I lost all internet access. Rebooted, tried the Pro version, same results. It`s almost like some thread in the tool had a choke hold deep in the part of the OS that controlled the communications layer. The system was stable, just nothing could get out.

I`ve got a free tool that also captures web sites, though it doesn`t offer the storage and organizational benefits of OE. I`ll try to load the metaproducts web site with it tonight.

Oleg Chernavin 02/10/2005 12:01 pm
We had a temporary problem with our site today and yesterday and it should be working well already.

Oleg.