It should support downloading of files that use PHP scripts, etc.

Zero3K 09/21/2007 04:23 pm
*subject*

For example, it should be able to download this link:

http://simulationstyle.com/dsplus/ds.php?p=AliceSenki.zip&t=YTo0OntzOjQ6InRpbWUiO2k6MTE5MDQwNTY4NTtzOjQ6Imhhc2giO3M6NDA6ImE1MjRlNjE2OGY3NGNmZGI3YmY2ZmJiODk3MmQ4Zjk5ZDMyNWYxNGUiO3M6NjoiY3Rva2VuIjtzOjMyOiI5ZGVlNDMxNzgxMWRjYjRlYjNlMGMxYjkzODMwMjk3ZiI7czo2OiJzdG9rZW4iO3M6MzI6IjVhOGUzYjU4MWZkZWIzMzhhNTY3NzcxZDFkNTk2YmFiIjt9

In the current version, it only downloads the php script itself, not the zip that it redirects to.
Alexander 09/25/2007 03:28 am
Zero3K,

Thank you for your report. Could you please tell me where I can get the page with the original link? All I get in browser windows is the message that my session has filed.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
dialup 11/25/2007 11:24 pm
> Zero3K,
>
> Thank you for your report. Could you please tell me where I can get the page with the original link? All I get in browser windows is the message that my session has filed.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff

you don't need the link.

just go to almost ANY download link on any page that is a .php script or whatever; instead of a link to a direct transfer of a .zip or .exe

DE fails on most .php "download" links that I encounter.

In other words, this it NOT a "rare" thing....it happens OFTEN.....on MANY sites.

As I recall, most of the sourceforge download links fail in this manner on DE.

fyi, I run DE under firefox 1.5.0.1, on win2k sp2.

....altho I have been trying to convert to Opera, because firefox is such a bloated pig....using up all the ram in my laptop all the time.

But I cannot find instructions on this site for getting Opera to recognize my DE installation.
Alexander 11/26/2007 02:55 am
Dialup,

Thank you for your feedback.
Could you please make a test? Please go to the following SourceForge link:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80013&package_id=158533&release_id=533576
Click the top link and wait until FireFox offers you to download this file. Use Download Express and start the download. Download Express downloaded full 1.5 Mb file for me.
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Regarding Opera - the latest versions of Download Express integrate into Opera context menu during installation process - please look for the corresponding box of the installation dialog.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Kalpesh 12/10/2007 09:46 pm
^^
> Regarding Opera - the latest versions of Download Express integrate into Opera context menu during installation process - please look for the corresponding box of the installation dialog.

i cant understand....... can u give me how to use it in opera browser...
pls let me know
Alexander 12/11/2007 05:32 am
Kalpesh,

I the Opera browser right-click a link you need to download and select the "+Download Express: download this file" item.

Sincerely,
Alexander
Kalpesh 12/12/2007 01:03 am
idiot.... wat a stupidity that i didnt try this out.....!!!

neway... thnx man!
Alexander 12/12/2007 02:26 am
It is hidden in the Opera deeps a bit, it is the reason you didn't find it fast.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further question.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Adam 10/04/2008 11:43 am

> I the Opera browser right-click a link you need to download and select the "+Download Express: download this file" item.

can opera be configured taht way it download by "download express" by default not by operas'' download manager ?
Alexander 10/06/2008 01:49 am
Adam,

Unfortunately, Opera doesn''t allow us to do this.

Alexander