Windows Vista

Jason 03/01/2007 08:44 pm
Hello,

I have been using Download Express for some time now, and I checked to make sure it was compatable with Windows Vista. It says it is, well here is my problem, when I click on a link the Download Express window pops up and asks me if I want to use DE to download, I click on ok and it goes to the next page and then disappears, and there is nothing in the projects list. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Jason
Jason 03/02/2007 06:57 am
Hello Alexander, thank you for the quick reply. The version of IE that I have is 7.0.6000.16386. I did get DE to work last night, its buggy though. First I went to the install directory and put dep.exe into compatibility mode, Windows XP SP 2. Then when I tried to download again the Windows Firewall (Windows Defender) popped up asking me if I wanted to unblock it. I unblocked and tried my downloads again. Everything seemed to be ok, I will do some more downloading this morning to see how well it is working.

Jason

> Jason,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> Could you please tell me name and version number of your browser?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
Jason 03/02/2007 07:19 am
Alexander,

Never mind that last post, it did not work, this time it crashed IE 7. Here is the error from the Application error log:

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b133, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc000000d, fault offset 0x00077b53, process id 0x1570, application start time 0x01c75cc340c895af.

And:

Fault bucket 12638092, type 5
Event Name: BEX
Response: None
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: iexplore.exe
P2: 7.0.6000.16386
P3: 4549b133
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 6.0.6000.16386
P6: 4549bdc9
P7: 00077b53
P8: c000000d
P9: 00000000
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1FB2.tmp.version.txt

These files may be available here:

Whats next??

Jason

Jason 03/02/2007 07:32 am
Here is another problem I found:

Product
Browser download plugin

Problem
Program Compatibility

Date
3/1/2007 8:38 PM

Status
Not Reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PCA2
Problem Signature 01: dep.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.9.0.337
Problem Signature 03: Browser download plugin
Problem Signature 04: MetaProducts Download Express
Problem Signature 05: MetaProducts corp.
Problem Signature 06: 200
Problem Signature 07: -1
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
appcompat.txt
Tab1071.tmp
Alexander 03/02/2007 08:14 am
Jason,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please tell me name and version number of your browser?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Alexander 03/02/2007 08:19 am
Jason,

Thank you for the details. I forward them to the Download Express developer, he should fix the problem shortly.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Carlo 05/04/2007 05:03 am
HI, I'm having the same problem. It only works when I copy the link into projects to download and start from there. No way directly from IE7.
Thank you
Carlo
A.W. 05/28/2007 05:46 am
> Hello,
>
> I have been using Download Express for some time now, and I checked to make sure it was compatable with Windows Vista. It says it is, well here is my problem, when I click on a link the Download Express window pops up and asks me if I want to use DE to download, I click on ok and it goes to the next page and then disappears, and there is nothing in the projects list. Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

I am having trouble too since using Vista on DE. I can not download anything unless I uninstall Dowload Express.
I have tried the latest download of DE but get the same results. Some mod. is needed.

A.W.
justin 06/06/2007 03:14 pm
I'm having the same exact trouble *~*

> Hello,
>
> I have been using Download Express for some time now, and I checked to make sure it was compatable with Windows Vista. It says it is, well here is my problem, when I click on a link the Download Express window pops up and asks me if I want to use DE to download, I click on ok and it goes to the next page and then disappears, and there is nothing in the projects list. Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
justin 06/06/2007 03:14 pm
I'm having the same exact trouble *~*

> Hello,
>
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
Richard 09/03/2007 02:52 pm
Yes, I am having the same problem. Please hurry with a solution. Thanks

> I'm having the same exact trouble *~*
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been using Download Express for some time now, and I checked to make sure it was compatable with Windows Vista. It says it is, well here is my problem, when I click on a link the Download Express window pops up and asks me if I want to use DE to download, I click on ok and it goes to the next page and then disappears, and there is nothing in the projects list. Is anyone else having this problem?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jason
Darth Vader 09/03/2007 10:09 pm
Let me share my solution and the cause that created this problem to all of us initially. At first I oso faced the same exact problem. So, I found this forum. What I did:-

1. I uninstall the program 1st at Control Panel (ensure it's a clean/full uninstall)
2. I downloaded back the installation package file at metaproducts website (initially i install via the downloaded file I kept in my external HDD since month of April but same version 1.9)
3. Close all browsers.
4. Open directory where i kept the downloaded package.
5. Install as usual.
6. Then open the IE browser and click any file you wish to download. It'll run just like it supposed to be.

I figured out that the program won't work when we install the program while we opening IE browser (not sure if it'll oso happens for other type of browsers) cause tht exactly what i did earlier. I was not sure whether it's related to the OS Vista or it's related to IE7 features. Before this happened I was happy to use DE on XP with IE6.

Hopefully, my solution is oso your solution. Tq.

> Yes, I am having the same problem. Please hurry with a solution. Thanks
>
>
> > I'm having the same exact trouble *~*
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have been using Download Express for some time now, and I checked to make sure it was compatable with Windows Vista. It says it is, well here is my problem, when I click on a link the Download Express window pops up and asks me if I want to use DE to download, I click on ok and it goes to the next page and then disappears, and there is nothing in the projects list. Is anyone else having this problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jason
Alexander 09/04/2007 04:08 am
Darth Vader,

Thank you for writing us.
Download Express 1.9 .341 Vista Compatible version was released this summer. Did you try it?
This should work without any additional trick.
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
mike 01/28/2008 04:04 pm
i cant even dl this program because it too disapears when i download it. what gives this is really annoying
mike

> Here is another problem I found:

>
>
>
> Product
> Browser download plugin
>
> Problem
> Program Compatibility
>
> Date
> 3/1/2007 8:38 PM
>
> Status
> Not Reported
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: PCA2
> Problem Signature 01: dep.exe
> Problem Signature 02: 1.9.0.337
> Problem Signature 03: Browser download plugin
> Problem Signature 04: MetaProducts Download Express
> Problem Signature 05: MetaProducts corp.
> Problem Signature 06: 200
> Problem Signature 07: -1
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Files that help describe the problem
> appcompat.txt
> Tab1071.tmp
Alexander 01/29/2008 02:51 am
Mike,

What program do you use to download it?

Thanks,