Another issue with Download Express

Pavel 09/16/2006 07:12 am
Why DE initially makes a file of the target file size?
I mean, if I'm downloading a file of 40mb, it will be made initially 40mb by DE even though only 1% of the file had been downloaded, for example. Then, if the download was interrupted, the file remains 40mb, thought for example, only 20mb had been downloaded. So I'm unable to manage the partially downloaded file at all, as it's size is not correct, I can't open it or play it or edit.

Bad.
Alexander 09/18/2006 04:54 am
Pavel,

Thank you for writing us.
The reservation of the disk space is the normal policy for data-storing programs. Download Express does this to be sure it has the enough room to save the downloaded file.

> Why DE initially makes a file of the target file size?
> I mean, if I'm downloading a file of 40mb, it will be made initially 40mb by DE even though only
> 1% of the file had been downloaded, for example. Then, if the download was interrupted, the file
> remains 40mb, thought for example, only 20mb had been downloaded. So I'm unable to manage
> the partially downloaded file at all, as it's size is not correct, I can't open it or play it or edit.

Mass Downloader allows to "preview" partially downloaded files - it makes a copy of partially downloaded file without empty non-downloaded space and service information. Could you please take a look at this Mass Downloader's feature - is it suitable for you?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Pavel 09/18/2006 09:03 am
Ah, ok, if that's the intended behaviour of the programm, then never mind.
Anyway, thanks for the reply.
Alexander 09/18/2006 09:30 am
Pavel,

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Alexander