DE crash at 99% on 3178MB DL - Resume at 0%

Linton 05/17/2006 01:17 am
I have DE 1.9.0.337. Attempted to DL http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/fedora/core/5/i386//iso/FC-5-i386-DVD.iso to a drive with 10GB free space FAT32 format drive under Win XP Pro. It got to 99% then crashed.
I found the FC-5-i386-DVD.iso.DE file and made a copy of it.
When I restated DE and resumed the DL, it started from 0%.
I have tried modifying the percent=0 to percent=98 in the projects.ini and copying the copied file back to replace FC-5-i386-DVD.iso.DE. In the projects it then showed as 98% but upon starting the resume it went back to 0%. How does DE determine where to resume the file? Is it just the percent=x, or is there some other mechanism/check(s) that it does and if so what?
I have the file copy exactly as it was when DE crashed at 99%. How can I get it to resume correctly at that point instead of going back to 0%? Or how could I modify it so that it resumes at say 90% rather than downloading the whole thing again?
DE has seemed to have problems for me with large file downloads terminating prematurely as this one has done. I really dont want to have to download another 3.5GB and hope that it works this time!
Thanks
Alexander 05/17/2006 03:57 am
Linton,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please try the following - please change the file extension of this 99% .DE file: remove the .DE from it.
Then please try to open it with your ISO software. Please write me about the result. Thank you.
Question: do you have specified any antivirus software in the Download Express settings?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Linton 05/17/2006 11:20 am
There is no point. The checksums are different.
Could you please address my earlier questions specifically so I might be able to find out how to resume this download at the 99% it crashed at.
Thanks
Alexander 05/17/2006 02:32 pm
Thank you for your feedback.
Download Express uses the special structure attached to the end of the file. It is a kind of INI-file which contains the tasks for each thread. Please open the .DE file in any HEX viewer and go to the end of the file. Then list pages up until you see [FILE], [HTTP0], etc strings.

Alexander