Unable to load file

cjq 01/21/2006 08:24 pm
When I try to download a file I save it to disk with DE, the transfer window opens up and about 3 or 4 sec later a error message opens "unable to load file" "HTTP 404 file not found". Any idea`s what could be causing this? I`ve turned off zonealarm, and I`m behind a router, do I need to setup port forwarding and if so which one?
Thanks
Charles
Alexander 01/22/2006 04:01 am
Cjq,

The "File not found" error means that the downloading link is incorrect. Download Express connects to the server, asks for the file and server reports that it cannot find the requested file.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| MetaProducts Corporation
Uresh 12/24/2006 02:11 pm
Hello Alexander,

I got a problem of the similar kind.

I tried to open a site and the site opened in the OE. But, when I tried to start the download, it did not do anything. It did not give any message.

I am in a LAN and it is behind a router. Also am using Zone Alarm Security. Is there any need to set port forwarding in my Netgear router or is there anything to set with the proxy settings in the OE or do I need to set any options in the Zone Alarm security suite.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Uresh

> Cjq,
>
> The "File not found" error means that the downloading link is incorrect. Download Express connects to the server, asks for the file and server reports that it cannot find the requested file.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | MetaProducts Corporation
Oleg Chernavin 12/25/2006 02:52 am
There is a connections panel in the bottom and it should show what happens when you start downloading. Can you please tell me what do you see there?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
JarC 02/18/2007 08:36 am
Not nessecarily, I have the same problem, when bypassing DE, the file downloads fine, but turns up a 404 when using DE.

Some http sniffing reveals the server returns the file as content-disposition: attachement; filename=...
IE just saves the attachement, DE goes out and asks for the file a second time. At which point the server download protection kicks in on direct link to the file.

HTH
JarC

> Cjq,
>
> The "File not found" error means that the downloading link is incorrect. Download Express connects to the server, asks for the file and server reports that it cannot find the requested file.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | MetaProducts Corporation
Alexander 02/19/2007 02:30 am
JarC,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please provide us with a sample link for a test?

Thanks,
Alexander