page cannot be displayed when DE runs

Author Message
perry 01/21/2006 12:54 pm
When i start or resume a download with DE 1.9 all other pages will not open, give page cannot be displayed. Also the PC slows.
perry 01/21/2006 01:03 pm
> When i start or resume a download with DE 1.9 all other pages will not open, give page cannot be displayed. Also the PC slows.

I also meant to ask is the slowing caused by DE splitting the file? Does it do that and take up bandwidth. And would that cause a slowing. I am evaluating DE and will have to uninstall it if I cannot use the PC while it is downloading. I am on dial up so the only feature i need is the resume.Thanks and my apologies for not giving this info in first post
Alexander 01/21/2006 04:21 pm
Perry,

Thank you for writing us.
To decrease the number of downloading channels and the downloading speed please move the Speed slider (you can see it on the main Download Express window, below the progress bar) to the left.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| MetaProducts Corporation

perry 01/22/2006 09:41 am
> Perry,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> To decrease the number of downloading channels and the downloading speed please move the Speed slider (you can see it on the main Download Express window, below the progress bar) to the left.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | MetaProducts Corporation

> Thanks Aexander
What speed should I set it to? I just want top downlad while browsing and then resume the next time. Speed of download is lees an issue than being able to resume. Many thanks
Perry
>
Alexander 01/22/2006 10:24 am
Perry,

I do not know the speed of your connection...
Please try the Low or Background setting.

Alexander
perry 01/22/2006 02:47 pm
> Perry,
>
> I do not know the speed of your connection...
> Please try the Low or Background setting.
>
> Alexander
Thanks Alexander
I think I have it sorted out now
Thanks again
Perry
perry 02/16/2006 02:56 pm
> > Perry,
> >
> > I do not know the speed of your connection...
> > Please try the Low or Background setting.
> >
> > Alexander
> Thanks Alexander
> I think I have it sorted out now
> Thanks again
> Perry

I have resolved that now but one thing I can`t figure out is how to have DE always on top. When I click to download the dialogue box opens and i click yes to save to disk but the other box where I choose the save is hidden under open windows. Can DE be always on top? Thanks
Alexander 02/17/2006 05:10 am
Perry,

What is your Windows and Internet Explorer version numbers?

Thanks,
Alexander
perry 02/18/2006 11:28 am
> Perry,
>
> What is your Windows and Internet Explorer version numbers?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander
Alexander
Thanks for reply
I have Windows XP Home and Internet Explorer 6
Thanks
Perry