(DE) Unwanted interception

arielCo 11/23/2005 01:39 pm
Hello,

From time to time, Download Express intercepts requests made not by me, but by javascript code (eg, XMLHttpRequest objects in AJAX pages) and other applications (eg MSN Messenger). The extensions (.php among them) are not listed in the "Accept file types" box, and I already checked "Monitor clicks with hotkey only". What else can I do?

Regards,
Ariel
Alexander 11/24/2005 05:32 am
Ariel,

Could you please tell me the exact link of one of these problem pages? Also, what is your Download Express version number?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Michael Vinarcik 01/03/2006 09:50 pm
I`m having the same problems in Grokker (www.groxis.com) desktop edition, FirstStopWebSearch Visual Edition (www.firststopwebsearch.com), and others.

When First Stop pulls files to generate its thumbnails, DownLoad Express trips if it`s a non-html file (PDFs, PPTs, etc.) and messes the application up...

Frankly, I DON`T want DE to intercept clicks. Let me right-click in any of my browsers (IE, FireFox, Opera, depending on my mood) and let ME choose to activate it. The inability to override its interception is a real detriment.

I`ll make you a deal: give me the choice, and I`ll happily upgrade to the advanced version. ;-)

> Ariel,
>
> Could you please tell me the exact link of one of these problem pages? Also, what is your Download Express version number?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
Michael Vinarcik 01/04/2006 01:08 am
The problem goes away if I set DE to only intercept clicks w/hotkeys. :-) I found the toggle...I guess it`s time to register! :-)

> I`m having the same problems in Grokker (www.groxis.com) desktop edition, FirstStopWebSearch Visual Edition (www.firststopwebsearch.com), and others.
>
> When First Stop pulls files to generate its thumbnails, DownLoad Express trips if it`s a non-html file (PDFs, PPTs, etc.) and messes the application up...
>
> Frankly, I DON`T want DE to intercept clicks. Let me right-click in any of my browsers (IE, FireFox, Opera, depending on my mood) and let ME choose to activate it. The inability to override its interception is a real detriment.
>
> I`ll make you a deal: give me the choice, and I`ll happily upgrade to the advanced version. ;-)
>
>
> > Ariel,
> >
> > Could you please tell me the exact link of one of these problem pages? Also, what is your Download Express version number?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Alexander Bednyakov
> > MP Staff
Alexander 01/04/2006 05:08 am
Michael Vinarcik,

I am glad that your problem is solved.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff