Runtime Error 216 0000A6D1

Kevin Lindsey 08/30/2005 07:32 pm
Dear Sir/Madam

I am using DE 1.8 on Windows XP Pro SP1

I recently have tried to download a large file (over 4gig - KNOPPIX_V4.0DVD-2005-08-16-EN.iso from www.kernel.org) over two different connections (dsl and corporate network). I had to pause and stop the download several times during which (sometimes) during a pause the file will revert back to (I think) wherever I started originally during that session (IE - I will resume after stopping the download and the pause will cause to return back to where the download restarted).

An interesting note. Once when that happened, I paused again and it jumps ahead (about 20%) back to where it was before it reverted. I don`t know if this would continue to happen.

After reaching 99% the program halts and then reports an error. I recieve a "Runtime Error 216 0000A6D1". After that point the program crashes. What is left is a iso.de file that is 400 bytes short of the complete file. I try to continue the download by opening the DE file. When I do it begins the download from the very beginning. If I stop the file and decide to continue the download it no longer is 3. whatever gigs it is. Now the new file is the new size. If I decide not to continue the download later the 3. download file dissapears.

I have removed the DE extention and checked the hash (MD5) on the iso and it doesn`t match. Is it possible to fix my four gigabyte file so that it can be used? And is it possible to fix this so it doesn`t happen again?
Alexander 08/31/2005 02:53 am
Kevin Lindsey,

Thank you for writing us.

> An interesting note. Once when that happened, I paused again and it jumps ahead
> (about 20%) back to where it was before it reverted. I don`t know if this would
> continue to happen.

This is an error. Download Express must not work in this way.

> After reaching 99% the program halts and then reports an error. I recieve a "Runtime
> Error 216 0000A6D1". After that point the program crashes. What is left is a iso.de file
> that is 400 bytes short of the complete file.
>
> I have removed the DE extention and checked the hash (MD5) on the iso and it doesn`t
> match.

Can you please map it as a disk using any ISO software and take a look at the file system? MD5 checksum shows this 400 bytes length difference.

> Is it possible to fix my four gigabyte file so that it can be used?

Please try to mount it and test using your ISO software.

> And is it possible to fix this so it doesn`t happen again?

We will make it our priority. We will made new tests of 4GB+ files download at our test system and fix the problem if the cause is in the Download Express application.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff