download speed question and anti virus check

Jo Ball 03/20/2005 05:21 am
Hello
I have 2 questions please

1. The new version of DE has wildly varying download speeds from 11000 down to 1400 and anywhere in between! Is this correct? My old version used to settle down to about 3 to 4000. Yesterday`s download of a driver 18.8 Mb took 1 hr 30 mins. Is this right?

2. I have tried to understand the advice on checking downloaded files for virus. I have AVG Free Anti Virus and the command line appears to be avgscan.exe. I do not understand about "parameters" What should I enter in the box above "set AV check"

Please excuse my lack of knowledge. I would be so grateful for help

Jo
Alexander 03/21/2005 11:30 am
Dear Jo Ball,

Thank you for writing us.

> 1. The new version of DE has wildly varying download speeds from 11000 down to 1400
> and anywhere in between! Is this correct? My old version used to settle down to about
> 3 to 4000. Yesterday`s download of a driver 18.8 Mb took 1 hr 30 mins. Is this right?

The old version of Download Express calculated the average speed for the whole downloading time. The new does this for the last 15 seconds. This value is more closer to the "real" downloading speed.

> 2. I have tried to understand the advice on checking downloaded files for virus. I have
>AVG Free Anti Virus and the command line appears to be avgscan.exe. I do not understand
>about "parameters" What should I enter in the box above "set AV check"

These parameters may be necessary for your antivirus program, not for Download Express. If your antivirus does not use any additional command line switches excluding the checking file name, please leave the parameters field empty.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| MetaProducts Corporation