incomplete DE file from a previus winXP installation

Bozinis Athanasios 10/30/2004 03:38 am
Dear sirs,
before a month I download the 24,6 of 28Mb of a programm and in the meantime in luck of undivirus I was forced to reinstall my winXP and DE programme. Could you tell me if there is a way of reactivating this old .DE file in my new Download Express installation, so I could finish the download from the latest position.
Alexander 10/30/2004 04:53 am
Bozinis Athanasios,

Thank you for writing us.
Did you use the latest version of Download Express to download this file?
If it is so, please double-click the incomplete file with the .DE extension. Download Express should offer you to complete this download.
Please write us about the result. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| MetaProducts Corporation
Bozinis Athanasios 10/30/2004 12:26 pm
> Bozinis Athanasios,
> > Thank you for writing us.
> Did you use the latest version of Download Express to download this file?
> If it is so, please double-click the incomplete file with the .DE extension. Download Express should offer you to complete this download.
> Please write us about the result. Thank you.
> > Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | MetaProducts Corporation

Thank you for your answer. When I try to do that I had the 1.5.0.233 version. After your questions I download the newest version 1.6 SR1 but when I double click on the .DE file it shows now the message : "Unkown File"
Alexander 10/30/2004 12:29 pm
Unfortunately, the 1.5 version had the different .DE file format.
You need to backup/restore the Download Express 1.5 INDEX folder to resume the download.
The new 1.6 version allows to resume downloads using .DE files only.

Alexander
Bozinis Athanasios 10/31/2004 12:27 pm
> Unfortunately, the 1.5 version had the different .DE file format.
> You need to backup/restore the Download Express 1.5 INDEX folder to resume the download.
> The new 1.6 version allows to resume downloads using .DE files only.
> > Alexander

UNFORTUNATELLY EVEN IF I CHANGE THE 1.6 SR`1 VERSION TO THE PREVIOUS DOSN`T FIX THE PROBLEM. I DOUBLE CLICK THE .DE FILE AND A MESSAGE POPS UP TELLING ME TO OPEN THE LIST OF UNFINISHED DOWNLOADS BUT WHEN I GET THERE, THERE IS NO FILE WITH SUCH A NAME.
Alexander 11/01/2004 10:25 am
Bozinis,

You have downloaded the main part of this file using the old Download Express 1.5 version. It cannot resume the download without the index data located in the <Documants and settings>\<User name>\Application Data\MetaProducts\Download Express\INDEX folder. If you have such folder, please pack it using WinZip or etc program and send this to support@metaproducts.com with a short description. Thank you.

Alexander