How to download files from a ftp site

PC 09/28/2004 10:53 pm
I want to know how to download files from ftp site using the Download Express.
Alexander 09/29/2004 05:03 am
Thank you for writing us.

Do you have the latest version of Download Express (1.6 SR1)?
Please open the Options dialog, Integration page. Check the "Use alternative integration method", then click the OK button.
Then please open your ftp server folder in the Internet Explorer and double-click the file you want to download.
Please write us about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
patrik 01/31/2005 06:15 pm
I also have a problem. FTP site for example " torrentspy.com ". DVD-R Movies (rar-files).

It doesn`t work. It start but the downloads doesnt work. 47 kb it says (" complete 100% "). After 3 sec. But the files are 4,3 GB.

What do i do wrong?

> Thank you for writing us.
>
> Do you have the latest version of Download Express (1.6 SR1)?
> Please open the Options dialog, Integration page. Check the "Use alternative integration method", then click the OK button.
> Then please open your ftp server folder in the Internet Explorer and double-click the file you want to download.
> Please write us about the result. Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
Alexander 02/01/2005 01:33 am
Patrik,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please send one of these downloaded 47 kb files to support@metaproducts.com?
Please write in subject "Download Express - FTP."
Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Alexander 02/04/2005 05:46 am
Patrik,

Thank you for your file.
Now I see that this is a .torrent file.
It is just a control file for downloading using the bittorrent protocol. You need and a client application which supports the bittorrent protocol to download these movies.
This .torrent file contains file name info, and the url of a bittorrent "tracker" that in turn will point your client to other computers that are seeding the actual files you desire.

Search for "bittorrent" or "bittorrent client" at Google.com for more info.

Sincerely,
Alexander