Why Blank Web Page at DL

jimshu1 09/05/2004 07:27 am
Why does DL Express always generate a blank web page at download? I`m running version 1.6.0.273.

I know all I have to do is surf back to the original download page, but it is a bit annoying. I still appreciate the program.

Thanks for any replies!
Alexander 09/06/2004 07:52 am
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for writing us.
Which version of Internet Explorer do you use?
Please right-click a link and select the "Download using Download Express" item of popup menu.
Please write us about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
jimshu1 09/07/2004 09:04 pm
When I right click a link and select "Download using Download Express" the download proceeds normally. The web page the link was on stays intact. Just left clicking on the link does start the DL, but the web page goes to a blank one. I have to click on the browser "back" button to go to the original web page that contained the link.

I am running IE version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158.

Thank you!

> Dear Sir / Madam,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> Which version of Internet Explorer do you use?
> Please right-click a link and select the "Download using Download Express" item of popup menu.
> Please write us about the result. Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
>
Alexander 09/08/2004 02:41 am
Thank you for your feedback.
Did you try the alternative integration method?
Please go to the Download Express Options dialog, Integration page. Please check the "Use alternative integration method" box and click the OK button.
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
jimshu1 09/08/2004 10:25 am
Thanks. The alternate integration method appears to work for most of the extensions I tried it with, except for .pdf, which will now not download.

I cannot find any definition for this option. Why does it exist?
Alexander 09/09/2004 01:33 am
This seems to be a problem of the new suggested by Microsoft integration method. We already contacted Microsoft support.

Please use right-click link menu "Download using Download Express" item to download these PDF files now.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
jimshu1 09/09/2004 11:33 am
Thank you very much for your time!