Intensely annoying bug/glitch, is there a way round it?

Star Taymar 08/30/2004 07:13 pm
I have been trying to access the web page at this location: http://www.themeworld.com/cgi-bin/preview.pl/themes/lucidity.zip. The problem is that this is not a ZIP file itself, but a dynamically created web page to show the preview of a ZIP file.

Download express kept attempting to save that page as if it was a ZIP file, something that didn`t happen in the previous version of the program.

The only way I could get round it was to remove all the files in the Download express folder (including both DLLs) except for the program itself and the projects list, meaning I lose all the advanced features there.

There are no file associations set and there cannot be, since I don`t have administratior priveledge on this computer (it is shared).

If anyone has a way round this problem then I`d like to hear it.

Sincerely,

Star Taymar
Alexander 08/31/2004 09:50 am
Dear Star Taymar,

Thank you for writing us.
Please depress the Shift key when you click this problem link.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| MetaProducts Corporation

Star Taymar 09/02/2004 05:08 am
Now a similar problem.

I can;t give you the URL because it`s my online bank record However, shortly after the page starts to load, it stops, and DE comes up with a box saying "You have chosen to downloada file from this location: (blah blah), filename: click.mp3.

It`s just a sound effect used on the page, why does DE jump in and try to d/l it?
Alexander 09/02/2004 05:52 am
Thank you for your report.
Internet Explorer sends this download to Download Express because it is registered as the default download manager.
Please go to the Download Express Options dialog, Integration page and check the "Use alternative integration method" box, then click the OK button.
Then please test your downloads.
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Star Taymar 09/02/2004 09:29 am
That fixes it, thankyou.