Downloading from Yahoo & XDrive

Wayne McBroom 08/19/2004 10:06 pm
Is there any way to use this, or any download manager, to download off yahoo/group/files or a xdrive account?? I have some really big downloads & a 56k dial-up sucks. Thanks for any help. Later.....

Thanatos
(Greek God of Death)
Alexander 08/20/2004 05:43 am
Dear Wayne McBroom,

Thank you for writing us.
Yes, this is possible.
For better results please try our MetaProducts Integra integration product. It will catch the download and forward it to Download Express.
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Wayne McBroom 08/21/2004 11:39 am
Well, the yahoo thing works now. Xdrive is still no go. I am trying to download files from the xdrive\pinkIIndia folder. With xdrive you have to check the files you want to download & then hit the download button at the top/left of the page. Hitting control-alt just throws up my roboform save login window & when I cancel that, dead air. I`m still new to xdrive & wrote them to see how to use a download manager. No answer yet. I`m not a paying customer, so they probably don`t care. It is just impossible to download a few hundred meg with 56k dial-up. If my ISP ever gets DSL? I will get it & download away. If you can`t figure this out, maybe I`ll write xdrive again. Thanks for the help. Later.....

Thanatos
(Greek God of Death)

> Dear Wayne McBroom,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> Yes, this is possible.
> For better results please try our MetaProducts Integra integration product. It will catch the download and forward it to Download Express.
> Please write me about the result. Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
Alexander 08/23/2004 04:04 am
Did you try Integra for XDrive?

Alexander
Wayne McBroom 08/23/2004 10:20 am
I`ve tried everything I can think of & nothing works. I was able, thru right/click-properties, to get the url of one of the files. It is: https://plus.xdrive.com/XDRequestDispatcher?action=Download&seq=45469081&type=file&name=25-may-02.WMV . I can`t find anyway to enter this url into download or integra. When I right/click save with download express, it download a couple kb file of nothing. Sort of makes me wish for getright & all the bull it brings again. If there is a way to enter a url let me know. Thanks. Later.....

Thanatos
(Greek God of Death)
Wayne McBroom 08/23/2004 12:30 pm
> I`ve tried everything I can think of & nothing works. I was able, thru right/click-properties, to get the url of one of the files. It is: https://plus.xdrive.com/XDRequestDispatcher?action=Download&seq=45469081&type=file&name=25-may-02.WMV . I can`t find anyway to enter this url into download or integra. When I right/click save with download express, it download a couple kb file of nothing. Sort of makes me wish for getright & all the bull it brings again. If there is a way to enter a url let me know. Thanks. Later.....
>
> Thanatos
> (Greek God of Death)
>

P.S. I opened Project List & entered the url in it. I got the same nothing file: XDRequestDispatcher. Begining to sound impossible to me now. Thanks. Thanatos
Wayne McBroom 08/23/2004 02:59 pm
OK, tried GetRight & it`s get wrong. It don`t work either. Well, I guess I keep trying. Later.....

Thanatos
(Greek God of Death)
Alexander 08/25/2004 04:57 am
Dear Wayne McBroom,

Please try the following:
1. Install MetaProducts Integra and select your browser to set the integration
2. Open the Download Express Options dialog, Integration tab
3. Check the "Monitor clicks with Ctrl+Alt keys only" box and click the OK button
4. Open XDrive account in your browser and start the download
MetaProducts Integra should detect the beginning of the file download and forward it to Download Express. Files with which extension do you try to download?
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Wayne McBroom 08/25/2004 01:02 pm
Tried that & no go. On XDrive you have to check what you want to download, then hit the download button in the upper/left corner. If you download more than on file, it makes a zip named with the time & date. I wrote XDrive support. I will let you know what they say. They have on their site, not to try clicking the links, but to check the box, then hit download. Thanks for the help. I`ll let you know what they say. Later.....

Thanatos
(Greek God of Death)
Alexander 08/26/2004 06:51 am
The problem seems to be in the HTTPS protocol they use.
MetaPeoducts Integra monitors HTTP and FTP protocols only. The internal Download Express` integration system monitors HTTPS protocol downloads, but XDrive`s scripted system doesn`t allow to catch downloads well.
Please let us know the XDrive`s support answer. We will look for a solution.
Thank you for your help,
Alexander
Wayne McBroom 08/26/2004 09:49 pm
Here is a copy of their letter. I forwarded them the one from you. Here is their reply:

Hello Wayne,

Actually you wouldn`t be able use this because of the way that download managers work. What these do is that they make multiple connections to the webserver to download the file and download only bits and pieces of the file from those mutliple connections. Once it is downloaded the software will put it back together and place it on your computer. Due to the way that the Xdrive system is set up, you can not make multiple connections to your account at once. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Best Regards,

Robert Santana

Xdrive Customer Support

Case ID 157591

For faster answers to your questions, please visit our Customer Support Center online at:
http://www.xdrive.com/support/index.jsp

Please let us know how we`re doing. Complete our customer support survey (it only takes 30 seconds!) to help us improve the quality of Xdrive Customer Support:

http://www.xdrive.com/support/survey.jsp

I guess I`m stuck, the slow old-fashioned way. Thanks for the help. Later.....

Thanatos
(Greek God of Death)
Chilly 03/24/2005 11:52 pm
Right-clicking on a file or folder in your Xdrive account and choosing `Save target as ...` (or your browsers equal) or your Download Manager`s right-click menu option should work now. We`ve made changes specifically to support DMs. Enjoy.
Alexander 03/25/2005 02:04 am
Chilly,

Thank you for the good news!

Sincerely,
Alexander
Kathy Weiler 03/27/2005 02:46 am
My DL stalls when the ftp site on yahoo is attempting to let me download. I`m so frustrated with this nonsense. I have DSL. Download Express was terrific with a couple very large files from a friend`s site. So I`m perplexed.

I work long hours at my computers. I want a small game once in a while, a little distraction and fun. The one I bought from Yahoo downloaded perfectly. Now what?

Painter
Alexander 03/27/2005 03:15 am
Dear Kathy Weiler,

Thank you for writing us.
Please try to switch the Download Express Options dialog, FTP Proxy | "FTP passive mode" box and click the OK button.
Please write us about the result. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| MetaProducts Corporation