archieves > where DE users can d/l ?

don 04/10/2004 01:59 am
Thanks to the DE free producers.
I dont know for sure; anyway, while trying the latest 1.5.233r1 on our win2k prof sp4 box running zonealarm prof 4.5.538.001, we have experienced sometimes with DE open more its downloading windows while downloading 5 active downloads and DE take all cpu resource 100% (for example, I have seen 5 active downloads and 3 of them take 100%/3 cpu resource) and slow down our box badly to halted.
We have seen a problem times today : after created about 70 projects to download in order { max of 5 active downloads, 5 threads/download } (using adsl 1.2mbits/s), after downloaded all, when tried deleting those projects from DE, DE poped up runtime errors (we will pix that error popup next time) and DE terminated.

Can you please open previous archieves so users might want to go back to previous versions while awaiting for a stable newer version? Thanks so much.
------
Alexander 04/19/2004 04:50 am
Dear Don,

Thank you for writing us.

> I dont know for sure; anyway, while trying the latest 1.5.233r1 on our win2k prof sp4 box
> running zonealarm prof 4.5.538.001, we have experienced sometimes with DE open more its
> downloading windows while downloading 5 active downloads and DE take all cpu resource 100%
> (for example, I have seen 5 active downloads and 3 of them take 100%/3 cpu resource) and
> slow down our box badly to halted.

This problem should be fixed in the new 1.6 version of the program.

> We have seen a problem times today : after created about 70 projects to download in order {
> max of 5 active downloads, 5 threads/download } (using adsl 1.2mbits/s), after downloaded all,
> when tried deleting those projects from DE, DE poped up runtime errors (we will pix that error
> popup next time) and DE terminated.

Thank you for your report. The error box text will help us to fix this problem. Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce this problem.

> Can you please open previous archieves so users might want to go back to previous versions
> while awaiting for a stable newer version? Thanks so much.

You can download Download Express 1.4 version from:
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/desetup14.exe
1.5 version:
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/desetup15.exe

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff