Download Problem

Steve Humby 02/27/2004 09:52 am
Hi,

I have been trying to download a file from this URL: http://tw.giga-byte.com/Download/Download.asp?DownloadPath=/MotherBoard/FileList/Driver/driver_audio_realtek_whql.exe. The file is approximately 20MB in size. I have only been able to download between 1 and 5% of the file because the computer locks up, unfreezes for several seconds and then locks up again and eventually, after several minutes of this, the DU connection gets dropped. I have tried using one thread and increasing the timeout period without no effect. I have used Download Express to download other large files (up to 14MB) and have had no problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Steve
Alexander 02/28/2004 03:17 am
Dear Steve Humby,

Thank you for writing us.
What is your Internet connection speed?

Thanks,
Alexander
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Steve Humby 02/28/2004 01:16 pm
Hi,

I am using an internal modem which connects at 44000 BPS. Thanks,

Steve

> Dear Steve Humby,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> What is your Internet connection speed?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
>
Alexander 03/02/2004 09:24 am
Dear Steve Humby,

Thank you for your information.
We will test this download thoroughly.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
dan 05/13/2005 12:50 pm
try asian servers >>>>> more better
Defenestration 05/16/2005 03:33 pm
Are you downloading through a proxy server because this can cause problems ?

SivaSanthanam 10/08/2005 09:07 am
I always encounter problem when downloading from .asp pages, even from version 1.4.xxx. I also forwarded a typical URL to MP officials. They suggested a fresh download of Download Express. But the same problem occurs. I think the officials should do something with the program.

SivaSanthanam
Alexander 10/10/2005 07:53 am
SivaSanthanam,

Could you please post here a link of the problem page?

Thanks,
Alexander
SivaSanthanam 10/15/2005 10:07 am
> SivaSanthanam,
>
> Could you please post here a link of the problem page?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander

Yes. One of such typical links is
http://www.nabl-india.org/nabl/asp/users/proccessDownload.asp?ID=1&mod=document&fileType=doc

The sequence for tracing the link is " http://www.nabl-india.org --> Publications --> Accreditation Documents --> NABL 100 Download "

The target file always downloads through the default IE download utility even though DE is installed with browser cache enabled.

Regards,

SivaSanthanam
Alexander 10/15/2005 03:51 pm
SivaSanthanam,

Will the Download Express Options dialog | Integration | "Use alternative integration method" box checking fix this problem for you?
Please restart Internet Explorer after checking this box in Download Express.

Thanks,
Alexander
SivaSanthanam 10/17/2005 10:54 am
No change even after checking that option. I hope you might have tried the link that I provided. I would like to know your findings.

SivaSanthanam
Alexander 10/18/2005 05:08 am
This filename in this link has the .ASP extension. Download Express cannot catch every .ASP link, because it is a web page extension. Please look:

Download Express checks the filename extension when you click the link and opens download dialog for monitoring file types only (Download Express Options | Integration | Accept file types).

Could you please make some tests for us? These tests will help us to find problem cause, if any, and will show you the ways of using Download Express.

1. Please check your settings at the Download Express Options dialog, Integration tab.
You need to have "Monitor Ctrl+Alt clicks only" box unchecked, all desired file extensions entered to the "Accept file types" edit box. Click Ok button.
2. Open the new browser window, go to any page with downloadable file links.
Click any link with the monitoring file type (extension). What has happened?
3. Please hold Ctrl+Alt keys and click any link. What has happened?
4. Please right-click any link and select the "Download using Download Express" popup menu item. What has happened?

Sincerely,
Alexander