Mozilla Firebird/Opera

sodoyo 10/30/2003 06:34 am
Greetings,

First of all, thank you for a great product, its hard to find a minimalistic program nowdays,
everyone seem to think - the more the better. So my hat to you for not falling into that
silly trap ;-)

And second are there any plans of integration of Download Express with Mozilla and Opera?
I sertainly would like to switch from IE, thought there are some programs I am not ready to
give up upon, including this one.

Thank you
Alexander 10/31/2003 08:39 am
Dear Sodoyo,

Thank you for your kind words.

We are developing a solution to monitor clicks in other browsers, like Opera and Mozilla.
It is in its alpha version now. If you want to participate in testing, please drop a message regarding this to support@metaproducts.com
Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation

samiSD 01/17/2004 09:58 am
I would like to use Download Express with Mozilla FireBird, Mozilla or Opera...how is it possible please?
Has Download Express a plugin for Mozilla FBird or Opera??
Sami
Alexander 01/18/2004 07:29 am
Dear Sami,

Please read this topic:
http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpSupport_User_Forums_Message.asp?id=4461&topic=22

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
yash078 02/08/2004 01:09 pm
Hi,

You can use DEP with Mozilla Firebird by adding the extention "DownloadThis". The extention allows you to use any download manager. Just install the extention, and add DEP to the list, for the argument us: /PAUSEDURL=[URL].

I hope this helps! :)

> Greetings,
>
> First of all, thank you for a great product, its hard to find a minimalistic program nowdays,
> everyone seem to think - the more the better. So my hat to you for not falling into that
> silly trap ;-)
>
> And second are there any plans of integration of Download Express with Mozilla and Opera?
> I sertainly would like to switch from IE, thought there are some programs I am not ready to
> give up upon, including this one.
>
> Thank you
Nick 04/04/2004 05:34 pm
Hey there, thanks for the tip. It works perfectly, and now I can use my favourite download manager and internet browser together! Thanks again!

> Hi,
> > You can use DEP with Mozilla Firebird by adding the extention "DownloadThis". The extention allows you to use any download manager. Just install the extention, and add DEP to the list, for the argument us: /PAUSEDURL=[URL].
> > I hope this helps! :)
Rodney Smith (a thicky) 05/01/2004 12:02 pm
> Hey there, thanks for the tip. It works perfectly, and now I can use my favourite download manager and internet browser together! Thanks again!
>
> > Hi,
> > > You can use DEP with Mozilla Firebird by adding the extention "DownloadThis". The extention allows you to use any download manager. Just install the extention, and add DEP to the list, for the argument us: /PAUSEDURL=[URL].
> > > I hope this helps! :)
>
Please? Add "DownloadThis" to what ? & where ?
Rodney Smith (a thicky) 05/01/2004 03:47 pm
> Hey there, thanks for the tip. It works perfectly, and now I can use my favourite download manager and internet browser together! Thanks again!
>
> > Hi,
> > > You can use DEP with Mozilla Firebird by adding the extention "DownloadThis". The extention allows you to use any download manager. Just install the extention, and add DEP to the list, for the argument us: /PAUSEDURL=[URL].
> > > I hope this helps! :)
>
>Please tell me - where do I add the extension, and to what , and what list anyway ?? The thicky.
ps 05/19/2004 12:46 pm
www.mozdev.org

downloadwith
cts 06/28/2004 11:53 pm
1) DownLoadExpress Rocks!!
2) I am still with iEx because i dont know how to use in Mozillalll
3) the "instructions" above are impossible to understand!
eg nowhere does it mention DownLoadExpress
ie how do I tell Mozilla to use DownLoad Express??
Alex Filatkin 06/29/2004 03:08 am
Dear Cts,

Thank you for writing us.

> 1) DownLoadExpress Rocks!!

Thank you for your kind words.

> 2) I am still with iEx because i dont know how to use in Mozillalll
> 3) the "instructions" above are impossible to understand!
> eg nowhere does it mention DownLoadExpress
> ie how do I tell Mozilla to use DownLoad Express??

You may want to try MetaProducts Integra application.
Please click the Products link above and find the MetaProducts Integra details page.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
WannaBe "Programmer" 06/30/2004 05:00 am
In MOZILLA - FIREFOX: (I haven`t used MOZILLA because its 15MB`s)

TOOLS
EXTENSIONS

1) In the lower right hand corner click on ""GET MORE EXTENSIONS"

2) On the left of the web page under "CATEGORIES" click on "DOWNLOAD TOOLS"

3) There will be 3 extensions and the third WILL BE "DOWNLOAD WITH 0.0.7"
Click on the "INSTALL NOW" button in the LOWER RIGHT corner.

NOW you HAVE to exit all FIREFOX browsers, and then GO BACK into firefox`s EXTENSION menu.
HERE you will see a button that says "DOWNLOAD WITH 0.0.7".

1) DOUBLE CLICK this button

2) Under the first tab (APPLICATIONS) click the button that says "CREATE NEW APPLICATION"

3) It will automatically be set to the first bullet ("DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CONFIGURATION")
WAIT for the "application`s settings" to download

4) Below this will apear names of applications in alphabetical order
Select "MetaProducts Download Express" from this menu!!

5) Be careful not to hit the "delete program" button and CLICK "OK".
Now you should be able to use Download Express as you would in "Intenet Explorer"
WannaBe 06/30/2004 05:26 am
ALSO when you click on a link for the first time YOU will have to select Metaproducts Download Express from a drop down menu. Its working fine for me, but be aware that it will freeze your copmuter for about 30 seconds during this initliization pocess.

PS:
It might be because im running a pentium 2 with 32 MB`s of RAM. Hey, does anyone kno hat the system requirements are for FIREFOX? It is alot slower than Internet Explorer, but maybe thats because the programmers still do some tweaking? I Hope they fix it soon but im not complaining because Microsoft has so many problems EXPECIALLY with people spoofing websites like EBAY. I notice a substantial loss of Processor cycles due to some UNKNON processes that run when i log into website`s like EBAY. The fact that it only does this ONCE in a while when i decide NOT to do a "SECURE LOGIN" is whats tipping me off to hacker activities.. I dont think there has been a single time when im uneasy logging in to ebay through Internet Explorer!! Hopefully someday everyone will have the KNOW HOW and switch to the Unix side of things (Macintosh, Linux, Solaris). THANK THE LORD (whoever that may be) for programs like these (Download Express, Mozilla, etc.) that make us independent of the "PIGS" at microsoft. Whoe else would charge $150 +, for an operating system (XP) that was meant to cover up their earlier mistakes, other than "PIGS".
cts 07/08/2004 09:57 pm
Thanks WannaBe, for actually explaining Firefox integration!
Now: in Firefox DExpress fires up without a Directory option
All downloads now go to DEX installed directory.
How Can I modify?

btw I am getting download speeds of 122,000 Bytes/second on our wireless IP
We are only paying for 1MBit
So DEX is getting us MORE than our moneys worth!!!
Ja 03/18/2006 10:34 pm
> Thanks WannaBe, for actually explaining Firefox integration!
> Now: in Firefox DExpress fires up without a Directory option
> All downloads now go to DEX installed directory.
> How Can I modify?
>
> btw I am getting download speeds of 122,000 Bytes/second on our wireless IP
> We are only paying for 1MBit
> So DEX is getting us MORE than our moneys worth!!!

No - it`s about right (122kbits * 8 = 977kbits)